Vainglory Announces Seasons Beginning in October
Vainglory has announced today its plan to offer quarterly competitive eSports season, starting this October with the Autumn 2015 Season.
Each year the Vainglory calendar will be divided into four seasons: Winter (January through March), Spring (April through June), Summer (July through September), and Autumn (October through December). This will keep a constant flow of new content and activities throughout the year, and give players a host of trophies to earn.
Each season will offer players and teams rewards based off in-game achievements. In order to make things inclusive, rewards will be offered both for competitive skill and for dedication to Vainglory. Achievements will vary from season to season.
To kick things off, Vainglory is offering a special preseason trophy (available with update 1.8). Players will have about one month to reach the highest possible skill tier in Ranked Play. Each player’s preseason achievement will be saved as a permanent trophy at the start of the Autumn Season, when the skill tier resets.
Vainglory is also offering official sanction of regional competitive tournaments and leagues. Leagues have been confirmed for Europe, North America, and Korea. The inaugural season will offer a global prize pool of over $100,000. Super Evil Mega Corp will also be working with Twitch to promote the Vainglory eSports community, starting with the VGL regional qualifiers for North America and Europe.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Dungeon League Early Access Review
- At its core, Dungeon League is a Rogue-Like. These are the games that offer similar gameplay to that of the original Rogue.
- New Cars and Dates available in Drift Girls
- Shower these new models in presents and praise as you nod your head to the sultry beats of the Drift Girls OST.
- Echo of Soul: Devs discuss game's content and development
- A new developer diary has been released for Echo of Soul, the fantasy MMORPG game set to launch this Spring from Aeria Games. This second vide...