Turbine Hit With Layoffs
An unknown portion of employees from Turbine – publisher of Infinite Crisis, The Lord of the Rings Online, Dungeons & Dragons Online, and Asheron’s Call – were laid off yesterday, according to a confirmed Gamasutra report.
A representative from Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, Turbine’s parent company, made the following official statement:
“As part of our normal business process, we’re routinely looking at the strategic alignment of our company. Unfortunately, in order for us to invest in growth areas at Turbine, we have to eliminate some positions. These are always tough decisions, which we don’t approach lightly, but it’s crucial that Turbine is structured in a way that reflects the current and coming marketplace.”
While there are many rumors flying around, there is no official confirmation yet on how many were laid off or what this may mean for Turbine’s titles in the near future.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Ronan Redux: The Grand Chase Spell Knight Gets Remastered
- Today KOG Games, publisher of the hit free-to-play MMO Brawler, Grand Chase, releases the highly anticipated Ronan character renewal.
- Dofus Review
- With attractive yet simple graphics, in depth character development, and a unique combat system Dofus has managed to attract many gamers.
- Lord of the Rings Online Launches Two New Legendary Servers
- Lord of the Rings Online invites VIP players to begin anew and make a fresh start on the new Legendary Servers: Shadowfax and Treebeard.