Turbine Hit With Layoffs
An unknown portion of employees from Turbine – publisher of Infinite Crisis, The Lord of the Rings Online, Dungeons & Dragons Online, and Asheron’s Call – were laid off yesterday, according to a confirmed Gamasutra report.
A representative from Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, Turbine’s parent company, made the following official statement:
“As part of our normal business process, we’re routinely looking at the strategic alignment of our company. Unfortunately, in order for us to invest in growth areas at Turbine, we have to eliminate some positions. These are always tough decisions, which we don’t approach lightly, but it’s crucial that Turbine is structured in a way that reflects the current and coming marketplace.”
While there are many rumors flying around, there is no official confirmation yet on how many were laid off or what this may mean for Turbine’s titles in the near future.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Perfect World Announces Fortuna
- Perfect World Entertainment Inc. is excited to announce that the browser-based strategy title, Fortuna, will be available on July 18, 2013.
- Nishan Shaman, Chinese Folk Musical Odyssey Launches on App Store
- The game itself is inspired by The Tale of the Nishan Shaman which is one of the great surviving texts of Manchu literature. In this story, a
- Heroes of Newerth to offer All Heroes Free
- S2 Interactive has announced that all heroes will be available for free starting Friday, July 20.