Turbine Hit With Layoffs
An unknown portion of employees from Turbine – publisher of Infinite Crisis, The Lord of the Rings Online, Dungeons & Dragons Online, and Asheron’s Call – were laid off yesterday, according to a confirmed Gamasutra report.
A representative from Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, Turbine’s parent company, made the following official statement:
“As part of our normal business process, we’re routinely looking at the strategic alignment of our company. Unfortunately, in order for us to invest in growth areas at Turbine, we have to eliminate some positions. These are always tough decisions, which we don’t approach lightly, but it’s crucial that Turbine is structured in a way that reflects the current and coming marketplace.”
While there are many rumors flying around, there is no official confirmation yet on how many were laid off or what this may mean for Turbine’s titles in the near future.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Let It Die Surpasses 5 Million Downloads
- Let It Die from GungHo Entertainment is proud to announce that it reached five million downloads on the Playstation Store.
- Star Supremacy launches on LeKool and expands to more publishers
- LeKool has announced the official launch of its published version of Star Supremacy.
- GunZ 2 now available on Steam; Technical difficulties abound
- As of February 17th, GunZ 2: The Second Duel has been released on Steam's Early Access program, featuring several new additions to the ga...