Turbine Hit With Layoffs
An unknown portion of employees from Turbine – publisher of Infinite Crisis, The Lord of the Rings Online, Dungeons & Dragons Online, and Asheron’s Call – were laid off yesterday, according to a confirmed Gamasutra report.
A representative from Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, Turbine’s parent company, made the following official statement:
“As part of our normal business process, we’re routinely looking at the strategic alignment of our company. Unfortunately, in order for us to invest in growth areas at Turbine, we have to eliminate some positions. These are always tough decisions, which we don’t approach lightly, but it’s crucial that Turbine is structured in a way that reflects the current and coming marketplace.”
While there are many rumors flying around, there is no official confirmation yet on how many were laid off or what this may mean for Turbine’s titles in the near future.
Articles You May Enjoy
- New Dying Light Expansion Revealed as The Following
- Today Techland has confirmed that it is indeed working on Dying Light: The Following – a feature-heavy, story-based expansion pack.
- Sony Online Entertainment Sold, Becomes Daybreak Game Company
- Columbus Nova, an investment management firm based in New York, announced today that it has completed its acquisition of Sony Online Entertain...
- Neverwinter: The Maze Engine Interview
- Neverwinter has come a long way since its release. Its ninth expansion, The Maze Engine, is due to release very soon.