Turbine Hit With Layoffs
An unknown portion of employees from Turbine – publisher of Infinite Crisis, The Lord of the Rings Online, Dungeons & Dragons Online, and Asheron’s Call – were laid off yesterday, according to a confirmed Gamasutra report.
A representative from Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, Turbine’s parent company, made the following official statement:
“As part of our normal business process, we’re routinely looking at the strategic alignment of our company. Unfortunately, in order for us to invest in growth areas at Turbine, we have to eliminate some positions. These are always tough decisions, which we don’t approach lightly, but it’s crucial that Turbine is structured in a way that reflects the current and coming marketplace.”
While there are many rumors flying around, there is no official confirmation yet on how many were laid off or what this may mean for Turbine’s titles in the near future.
Articles You May Enjoy
- 'Origins of Madness' update for Guild Wars 2 begins
- Beginning today, ArenaNet will be inviting Guild Wars 2 players to match wits and take up arms against the schemes of arch-villain Scarlet Bri...
- Mayan Death Robots Beta Review
- Mayan Death Robots had a name that, before I had any contact with the game, made me think of a Primal Rage style fighting game.
- Shotgun News 11/8: STO, Warframe, Microvolts, and More!
- Daily MMO news from Star Trek Online, Warframe, Microvolts, and more.