Tribes: Ascend now accepting beta applications
Tribes: Ascend is preparing to launch its first phase of closed beta. The game is now accepting beta applications at TribesAscend.com. While the exact date for closed beta has not been set, Hi-Rez Studios indicates it will begin in the “next few weeks.”
The beta will initially offer four multi-player maps, two game modes, three vehicles, and twelve playable classes, as well as support up to 32 players in online multi-player matches. Tribes: Ascend is set to release in the first quarter of 2012.
Hi-Rez Studios also publishes Global Agenda.
Tribes: Ascend Gameplay Screenshot
Tribes: Ascend Prepares for Beta, Accepts Applications
Highly-anticipated free-to-play shooter to begin Closed Beta within the next few weeks
ATLANTA – September 14, 2011 — Hi-Rez Studios, developer of AAA free-to-play online games, today announced that the first phase of Tribes: Ascend closed beta will begin within the next few weeks. Players can apply for this initial phase at www.tribesascend.com as Hi-Rez Studios will be granting access to thousands of hand-selected players worldwide.
Tribes: Ascend, the fast-paced jetpack-enabled multiplayer shooter, was recently playable at PAX Prime where it won “Best Multiplayer” from FPSGuru and was listed as “Favorite Game of the Show” by PC Gamer.
During this initial beta phase, Tribes: Ascend players will experience 4 multiplayer maps, 2 game-modes and 3 vehicles as they progress thru 12 playable classes in fast-paced, high-flying online multiplayer matches of up to 32 people.
Hi-Rez Studios will continue to increase the number of beta participants through the end of this year in preparation for a general game release in Q1 of 2012.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Speed Freeks Soft Launch Begins
- Speed Freeks, a new mobile game set in the Warhammer 40,000 universe, has officially entered soft launch in New Zealand and the Netherlands.
- ShellShock Live adds 3 Game Modes, Price Reduced to $6.99
- kChamp Games is proud to announce a number of updates to ShellShock Live -- which has now reached Version 0.9.1.7 and is discounted to $6.99.
- City of Steam Announces Closed Beta Dates
- The developers at Mechanist Games have been striving to get City of Steam ready for Beta testing before the end of the year.