Tribes Ascend Announces Open Beta
Hi Rez Studios announced that open beta for Tribes: Ascend will begin on Friday, February 24. There are no planned character wipes in place, so closed beta players may continue with what they have unlocked.
A patch is scheduled this week as well, which will introduce Team Deathmatch to the game modes, along with a new Capture-the-Flag map. Two unlockable items for the Soldier class have been announced, and the Doombringer and Brute receive new default suits. Several other bug fixes are being put in place.
Hi-Rez Studios also publishes Global Agenda.
Hi-Rez Studios Announces Start Date of Open Beta and Major Content Updates for Tribes: Ascend
Fast growing free-to-play shooter Tribes: Ascend will be available to everyone on Friday, February 24. This week’s patch adds a new game mode, four new maps, and new regions.
ATLANTA. February 22, 2012
Today, Hi-Rez Studios announced major content updates to the highly anticipated, fast-action multiplayer shooter Tribes: Ascend in advance of starting Open Beta this Friday, February 24.
“The Tribes: Ascend Closed Beta has exceeded our expectations”, says Todd Harris, Hi-Rez Studios Chief Operating Officer. “Over 300,000 players participated in the closed beta and the game has improved greatly based on community feedback. We are now excited to launch Open Beta this Friday. We have expanded capacity in North America, Europe, and Australia and added new local servers to support growing communities in Brazil and Asia.”
All player progress and unlocks will be preserved with no planned character wipes.
In advance of Open Beta, a significant patch this week will include:
- New gametype, Arena Deathmatch, with two initial maps
- New Capture The Flag map, Temple Ruins
- New Team Deathmatch map, Inferno
- Two new unlockable items for the Soldier class: Proximity Grenade and Utility Pack
- New default suits for Doombringer and Brute
- Ability to view either Blood Eagle or Diamond Sword skins from Class menu
- Service supporting Name Change
- Large number of bug-fixes and balance adjustments.
Please find the details in the patch notes.
As of Friday 5pm GMT, anyone interested in trying Tribes: Ascend can create an account and download the game from http://www.tribesascend.com, without the need for a beta key.
Articles You May Enjoy
- WildStar Pushes New Systems for Quests, Leveling, and Ability UI
- A redesign is coming - read more about the changes to levelng, quests, and abilities.
- Nexon Mobile Celebrates Halloween in Titanfall, DomiNations and HIT
- Halloween is on the way, and Nexon Mobile is ready to celebrate in their titles DomiNations, HIT, and Titanfall: Assault!
- Zombies Monsters Robots: New Tower Defense Mode Available
- En Masse Entertainment, a player driven publisher focused on delivering great games and exceptional service, today announced the launch of the...