Triad Wars Announces Sudden Closure
In a surprise forum post just before Christmas, United Front Games announced that Triad Wars would be ending its beta and service on January 20, 2016. Refunds will be offered for gold purchases during December (more on that here),
No clear reason was given from UFG or from Square Enix, and the only hints that something might be changing was in a few staff departures during November and December.
Since the start of the Triad Wars Closed Beta this year, diligent Enforcers have run rampant through the streets of Hong Kong, killing rivals and building Empires. During this time we have gathered immense amounts of feedback, information, and data on the game. We’ve loved seeing how you’ve played Triad Wars but we know it wasn’t right for many of you so we’re letting you know today that we are going to close the beta and service on January 20th 2016 at 12 p.m. Pacific Standard Time. That’s 4 weeks from today and over this time we’re going to leave the game up and running for you to continue to enjoy but we will not be accepting any more purchases. To help you enjoy these final 4 weeks we’re going to make Gold available free of charge and we’ll shortly be posting news on the forums about how to deal with refunds of unused Gold. Thank you very much for all the testing, feedback and support!
Articles You May Enjoy
- New expansion announced for The Lord of the Rings Online
- Turbine has announced the next upcoming expansion for The Lord of the Rings Online: Riders of Rohan.
- Final Fantasy XIV ARR: New 2.25 Patch Increases PvP Ranks
- Square Enix, Inc. today launched Patch 2.25 for FINAL FANTASY® XIV: A Realm Reborn™ which features updates and additions to player vs. play...
- Winning Putt Update Increases Level Cap
- Besides pushing the level cap from 30 to 35, demanding quests, new club sets, and game optimizations are waiting for the players.