Tiny Royale is First Exclusive Snapchat Battle Royale
That’s right, even Snapchat is getting in on the Battle Royale act, as Zynga Inc. launches Tiny Royale. Tiny Royale is a top-down multiplayer shooter that aims to reinvent the Battle Royale experience exclusively for the Snapchat platform. Players choose custom characters and squad up with their friends (or go at it solo) for two-minute rounds. During that time, they loot and shoot their way to victory, whether they go alone or team up with up to four friends. As players progress across the shrinking map, they unlock characters and collect weapon/health packs until one team remains.
“We are thrilled to be one of the first companies to launch a gaming experience on Snapchat,” said Bernard Kim, President of Publishing at Zynga. “Game developers rarely get the opportunity to create an entirely new experience on an emerging platform so our team was excited to remix the battle royale genre into a fast-paced game designed to rock on Snap Games.”
Snap Games is designed for synchronous mobile gameplay between friends and built on the powerful PlayCanvas game engine. The platform, which launched in April, features a curated selection of original and third-party titles. Starting today, Snapchatters will be able to dive into Tiny Royale instantly from Snapchat’s messaging feature, Chat. They can also communicate seamlessly with text/voice-based Chat features. Tiny Royale will also be launching a ranked matchmaking system during the summer, “Tiny Royale Leagues”. This will foster a competitive environment, by placing them in groups of 100 people, broken into 20 tiers.
“Snap Games is all about exploring new ways for friends to play together and Tiny Royale™ is the perfect example of that,” said Will Wu, Snap’s Head of Snap Games. “We jumped at the chance to have a global leader in mobile games like Zynga develop for our platform, and we can’t wait to see what our community thinks about this new way to connect with each other.”
Articles You May Enjoy
- Trials of Ascension: New Demo Testing Incoming
- Forged Chaos, the creators behind Trails of Ascension, an immersive Sandbox MMORPG, has recently revealed that one of their development goals ...
- Durango Review
- Durango is a fairly well put together bit of free-to-play, mobile, open world survival game, with a relatively forgivable pay model.
- Tango Fiesta Explodes onto Steam Early Access
- In a world where the innocent call out for a true hero, Spilt Milk Studios and Mastertronic call upon you to save the day, as Tango Fiesta exp...