Theta Network Partners with DLive’s Streaming Platform
DLive, the upstart video streaming platform has grown to more than five million monthly users in its first year. With that in mind, Theta Labs announced that the Theta Network will be incorporated into the DLive system, adding its blockchain video infrastructure protocol. This will work with DLive’s platform to enable peer-to-peer video relaying of all DLive content, and token rewards for DLive users.
DLive is preparing to take on YouTube and Twitch with a decentralized, collectively-owned video content distribution system that cuts out the middleman to more fairly compensate content creators. The partnership begins with Theata’s peer-to-peer streaming protocol being incorporated in the DLive platform on both desktop and mobile devices. DLive users can earn token rewards, with further collaboration also in the works. This includes content syndication between SLIVER.tv and DLive, cross-promotion and other ways to leverage the combined 8 million users.
Wilson Wei, CEO of Dlive’s parent company Lino talked about the recent announcement:
The DLive platform has grown tremendously in 2019, but with that comes fast-rising content delivery costs. By adding Theta Network to our video infrastructure we can reduce those costs by 50% or more, making DLive platform growth more sustainable and at the same time adding a new way to engage our users with token rewards. This is how we can grow from 5 million to 50 million monthly users, and we’re excited to explore long-term strategic opportunities between Lino and Theta.
Articles You May Enjoy
- World of Tanks Launch Review
- World of Tanks is an easy to approach, tank-based shooter that has layers of depth to unravel. Quickly jump into massive 30v30 battles!
- King of Kings III Hosts "Goodbye Tournament"
- The developer of Kings of Kings III decided to close the servers on the 31st of March 2015. But before they sing the blues, they will do a las...
- PLAYERUNKNOWN’s Battlegrounds Revealed
- The standalone game will expand the core Battle Royale experience enjoyed by millions of players into a highly competitive player vs. player.