The Crew: Single-player Cinematics Revealed
Puppetworks, a high-end animation studio based in Budapest, working closely with Ubisoft, produced the entire cinematic story arc spanning 13 minutes that make up the single-player campaign in “The Crew,” Ubisoft’s revolutionary action-driving MMO. The 8 cutscenes tell the story of Alex Taylor (voiced by legendary voice actor Troy Baker), who infiltrates other criminal “crews” on his reckless drive across America seeking to avenge his brother’s murder.
Under the cinematic direction of Sebastien Laban, Puppetworks utilized the talents of more than 40 artists in production for 8 months to create the stunning visuals and detailed character work. The 13 minutes of cinematics comprise a total of 236 shots. Maya is the backbone software for Puppetworks all the way from modeling, rigging and animation to shading and lighting. The renderings were done in Arnold with proprietary shaders. The Yeti plugin from Peregrine Labs was used for character hair; effects were done in Houdini.
For more info and a link to the video, visit http://puppetworks.eu/#/work/the-crew-ivory-ubisoft
Articles You May Enjoy
- SNOW Early Access
- SNOW is a realistic freeskiing simulator in the making, being brought to us by the 3-man team of Poppermost Productions. The game is powered b...
- Hi-Rez Studios Establishes New Development Studios to Strengthen Publishing Position
- Hi-Rez Studios announced today the next phase in company evolution, from a self-publishing studio into a multi-game publisher.
- Spellsworn Goes Free-to-Play in March
- Frogsong Studio's PVP Arena Brawler Spellsworn will officially move out of Steam Early Access in March, and into Free-to-Play status.