The Crew: Single-player Cinematics Revealed
Puppetworks, a high-end animation studio based in Budapest, working closely with Ubisoft, produced the entire cinematic story arc spanning 13 minutes that make up the single-player campaign in “The Crew,” Ubisoft’s revolutionary action-driving MMO. The 8 cutscenes tell the story of Alex Taylor (voiced by legendary voice actor Troy Baker), who infiltrates other criminal “crews” on his reckless drive across America seeking to avenge his brother’s murder.
Under the cinematic direction of Sebastien Laban, Puppetworks utilized the talents of more than 40 artists in production for 8 months to create the stunning visuals and detailed character work. The 13 minutes of cinematics comprise a total of 236 shots. Maya is the backbone software for Puppetworks all the way from modeling, rigging and animation to shading and lighting. The renderings were done in Arnold with proprietary shaders. The Yeti plugin from Peregrine Labs was used for character hair; effects were done in Houdini.
For more info and a link to the video, visit http://puppetworks.eu/#/work/the-crew-ivory-ubisoft
Articles You May Enjoy
- Chaos Interactive Launches Indiegogo for Seldon Crisis
- Chaos Interactive Ltd. today launched a 60-day Indiegogo campaign for the independent developer’s recently announced open world sci-fi MMO, ...
- Funcom Brings LEGO® Minifigures Online to Fire TV and Fire Tablets
- Funcom, a world-leading independent developer and publisher of online games is working with Amazon to provide LEGO Minifigures Online on Amaz...
- Moon Hunters: New details for Kickstarter rewards and more
- Kitfox Games has recently revealed their plans for their upcoming co-op action game: Moon Hunters, as well as their planned schedule for any a...