Stronghold Kingdoms Hits 4 Million Players
Firefly Studios’ castle MMO Stronghold Kingdoms has reached a new milestone in development. Just over a month since its release on the Mac App Store, Firefly Studios can proudly reveal that the game has reached its four millionth player registration. Stronghold Kingdoms also remains the most popular free-to-play real-time strategy game on Steam, with more active players than Magicka: Wizard Wars and The Mighty Quest For Epic Loot.
Players from over 100 different countries have now signed up to build a castle and expand their online kingdom. Stronghold lords and ladies tend to hail from the US, UK and Western Europe, with the series’ fan base in Germany ensuring a steady stream of new players. The series’ expansion into MMO territory has also helped Firefly expand its audience with nine supported languages, dedicated game worlds for Turkish and Brazilian players and even the odd player commanding their online forces from the Vatican City!
Despite the game’s lengthy development history which stretches back to prototyping and closed alphas in 2009, Firefly Studios is still hard at work on new features and expansions. Stronghold Kingdoms: Rise of The Wolf recently introduced new PvE gameplay, improved AI and classic Stronghold characters for players to do battle with. Today Firefly opened a ‘Europe’ game world to accommodate for the hundreds of thousands of active players who log in every month. Accurately recreated in-game, this new map is a direct response to requests from the community for more game worlds on a grander scale than those based on single countries.
“In the coming months players can expect Kingdoms’ scale to continue to grow”, said Marketing Manager Nick Tannahill. “We’ll accomplish this primarily with new world types that expand the actual gameplay, achieving our ultimate goal of grand strategy in an MMO. We also have a few surprises planned! These will be significant pieces of work that appeal to new players just as much as they do existing Lords.”
Articles You May Enjoy
- Marvel Heroes: Game Update 2.3 "Training Day" Now Live
- A new update for Marvel Heroes called Training Day introduces a brand-new game mode for players - S.H.I.E.L.D Holo-Sim, Daredevil’s Design R...
- EnMasse Opens Up about Closers Cast of Characters
- In En Masse's title Closers, players will take on the role of a super-powered agent of UNION!
- Worlds of Magic PC Version Gone Gold and PS4 Version Announced
- Worlds of Magic will be the first 4X game ever released on PlayStation 4 console and developers confirm that there will be no changes in conte...