Steam Introduces New Refund Policy
Valve has announced a new refunds policy for its game distribution service, Steam.
The new rules, detailed here, indicate that Valve will refund a game for any reason if the request is made within 14 days of purchase and played less than two hours. Additional rules are also available for game refunds that fall outside of these conditions, along with special rules for DLC, bundles, and in-game purchases.
Of particular note is the fact that while Valve mentions taking away refund privilege for abuse, it also states “We do not consider it abuse to request a refund on a title that was purchased just before a sale and then immediately rebuying that title for the sale price.”
Articles You May Enjoy
- Elite Dangerous - Premium Beta Begins Today
- Frontier Developments plc announces the starting dates for the new testing phases for its Elite: Dangerous game.
- War Thunder Announces Night Vision Update for September
- Coming in September to War Thunder, a new content update titled "Night Vision" will include the eighth playable nation.
- League of Angels – Paradise Land Launches on Mobile
- League of Angels – Paradise Land, the latest turn-based fantasy RPG, launches on iOS and Android today, endorsed by Gal Godot.