Steam Introduces New Refund Policy
Valve has announced a new refunds policy for its game distribution service, Steam.
The new rules, detailed here, indicate that Valve will refund a game for any reason if the request is made within 14 days of purchase and played less than two hours. Additional rules are also available for game refunds that fall outside of these conditions, along with special rules for DLC, bundles, and in-game purchases.
Of particular note is the fact that while Valve mentions taking away refund privilege for abuse, it also states “We do not consider it abuse to request a refund on a title that was purchased just before a sale and then immediately rebuying that title for the sale price.”
Articles You May Enjoy
- Demon Crusade: Now in open beta
- NGames today announced its turn-based adventure MMORPG, Demon Crusade, is now open to all players.
- Neverwinter: Underdark Available Nov. 17
- Neverwinter: Underdark will launch on Nov. 17 for PC and Xbox One in early 2016.
- Captain Heroes: CBT registration now open
- ZQGame Global, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Shenzhen ZQGame Network Co., Ltd (SZSE: 300052) today announced that its arcade shooter and RPG am...