Steam Introduces New Refund Policy
Valve has announced a new refunds policy for its game distribution service, Steam.
The new rules, detailed here, indicate that Valve will refund a game for any reason if the request is made within 14 days of purchase and played less than two hours. Additional rules are also available for game refunds that fall outside of these conditions, along with special rules for DLC, bundles, and in-game purchases.
Of particular note is the fact that while Valve mentions taking away refund privilege for abuse, it also states “We do not consider it abuse to request a refund on a title that was purchased just before a sale and then immediately rebuying that title for the sale price.”
Articles You May Enjoy
- Otherland Introduces ClanLand and More
- Dedicated worlds for Clans, significant performance optimization on low-end hardware and a major overhaul of skills and abilities.
- Power Rangers: Legacy Wars Introduces Green Ranger & More
- A major new update has hit Power Rangers: Legacy Wars today, introducing League 6, a Theatre Mode, and new Warriors.
- Crusaders of Light $400K competition - last call for team leaders
- The competition for $400,000 is underway! Teams of players are competing to clear a 40-person dungeon faster than anyone else.