Steam Introduces New Refund Policy
Valve has announced a new refunds policy for its game distribution service, Steam.
The new rules, detailed here, indicate that Valve will refund a game for any reason if the request is made within 14 days of purchase and played less than two hours. Additional rules are also available for game refunds that fall outside of these conditions, along with special rules for DLC, bundles, and in-game purchases.
Of particular note is the fact that while Valve mentions taking away refund privilege for abuse, it also states “We do not consider it abuse to request a refund on a title that was purchased just before a sale and then immediately rebuying that title for the sale price.”
Articles You May Enjoy
- Snowman Invasion Hits Knight Age
- Joymax has released a new winter-themed event for players of Knight Age - featuring one fat snowman!
- DOFUS update 2.23: The Gears of Xelorium Now Available
- Xelor's domain, this new Divine Dimension is at the heart of the next update. The Great Chronomaster messes with the temporal markers the...
- Amazon Games Reimagining Breakaway Warriors
- Amazon Games has begun a new public alpha phase for Breakaway Warriors, and this time they're focusing on community feedback.