Steam Introduces New Refund Policy
Valve has announced a new refunds policy for its game distribution service, Steam.
The new rules, detailed here, indicate that Valve will refund a game for any reason if the request is made within 14 days of purchase and played less than two hours. Additional rules are also available for game refunds that fall outside of these conditions, along with special rules for DLC, bundles, and in-game purchases.
Of particular note is the fact that while Valve mentions taking away refund privilege for abuse, it also states “We do not consider it abuse to request a refund on a title that was purchased just before a sale and then immediately rebuying that title for the sale price.”
Articles You May Enjoy
- Gloria Victis Completes Unity 5 Transition
- Black Eye Games has announced that it has completed the process of transferring Gloria Victis to Unity 5.
- Ascent First Major Election Underway
- Most important to this election is the seat of President of the Galaxy, whom among other powers is given a direct line to the development team
- E3 2016 Day 1 Recap - Civilization VI, Xenoverse 2, Lawbreakers, and More!
- E3 has arrived once again, and while MMORPGs remain slim pickings at the major convention, there is plenty of gold to be found within.