Steam Introduces New Refund Policy
Valve has announced a new refunds policy for its game distribution service, Steam.
The new rules, detailed here, indicate that Valve will refund a game for any reason if the request is made within 14 days of purchase and played less than two hours. Additional rules are also available for game refunds that fall outside of these conditions, along with special rules for DLC, bundles, and in-game purchases.
Of particular note is the fact that while Valve mentions taking away refund privilege for abuse, it also states “We do not consider it abuse to request a refund on a title that was purchased just before a sale and then immediately rebuying that title for the sale price.”
Articles You May Enjoy
- Transformers: Forged to Fight - Scorponok Joins the Fight
- One of Megatron's most loyal soldiers has arrived in Transformers: Forged to Fight, the mighty Scorponok.
- Mobile Strategy Game Dawn of Steel Blasts its Way to iOS this Summer
- Flaregames announced that Dawn of Steel, a deeply tactical strategy game for iOS devices, launches in late August 2015 in Western markets.
- PAX East 2015 Day 2 Recap - SMITE Xbox, Forced 2, Just Shapes and Beats, and Much More!
- I'll not bore waxing poetic about how much fun I've had so far. Instead, I'm going to try and get right down to the nitty gritt...