Star Trek Online Season 11.5 Now Available
Today, Perfect World Entertainment Inc. and Cryptic Studios announced Star Trek Online: Season 11.5 is now available. The mid-season update introduces a new featured episode called “Temporal Front” and system updates designed to improve the gaming experience for STO captains hailing from all different factions. This includes a revamp of the current Skill System, secondary options for the Specialization System, plus new Visual Slots to customize the look and feel of ships.
The new featured episode, “Temporal Front,” brings players to the Romulus Embassy, where faction leaders are meeting to discuss an alliance after the Iconian War. All attempts to reach a peaceful resolution are destroyed when the Na’Kuhl crash the summit to attack the embassy. This invasion sends players on a mission to the future to battle the Na’Kuhl before they travel through time to destroy the Federation.
The release of Season 11.5 provides players with access to several new gameplay updates. This includes a complete overhaul to the current Skill System. The update was designed to make the process of leveling up much more rewarding and easier to understand. Skills progression will now be presented in a streamlined interface that is easier to use and includes better descriptions and explanations for combat mechanics.
The mid-season update also introduces Visual Slots, allowing players greater control over the appearance of their ships by allowing Deflectors, Impulse Engines and Shields to display their distinct appearances without altering their ships’ performance.
A full list of gameplay updates include:
- New Featured Episode “Temporal Front” – Captains must travel through time to prevent the Na’Kuhl from destroying the present by invading our past.
- Skill System Revamp – Skills progression is now presented in a streamlined, easy-to-use interface that includes more detailed instructions.
- Visual Slots – Slot items to choose how your starship looks, without having to change how it performs.
- Strategist Secondary Specialization – Players can choose from a selection of space-based abilities, which can shift between offensive and defensive effects.
- Romulan Admiralty Campaign – Captains can earn rewards by completing a new set of Admiralty assignments designed to assist the Romulan Republic.
- Na’Kuhl Red Alerts – This alert system will sound off to lets players know when they can queue up in groups of five to fight off the Na’Kuhl.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Spirit Tales Announces 1v5 Monster Boss PvP
- KoramGame has announced a new PvP mode for Spirit Tales, coming June 6.
- World of Tanks Console - Mercenaries Press Preview
- This weekend, I was flown out to a secret location to participate in a military operation the likes the world has never seen.
- SMITE Patch Preview: Pins and Dolls
- Today Hirez Studios revealed what's coming in their next patch to third person Mythology MOBA, SMITE via Twitch livestream.