Star Trek Online Now Available on Mac Platform
Perfect World Entertainment Inc., Cryptic Studios, and TransGaming Inc have announce dthat Star Trek Online, the award-winning free-to-play MMORPG, is now live on Mac. Players can choose their destiny and play as Federation, Klingon, or Romulan factions. Explore the galaxy, captain a starship, and engage in epic space and ground battles.
“Star Trek fans have been asking for Star Trek Online on Mac since we launched in 2010. Thanks to the tremendous success we’ve had with the game, we’re excited to be expanding the galaxy again.” said Cryptic Studios CTO & Executive Producer, Stephen D’Angelo. “We know there’s a large gaming community that thrives on Mac and we’re thrilled to finally be able to let them experience Star Trek Online. It simply looks amazing on Mac widescreens.”
“Perfect World has created Star Trek Online to be the ultimate sci-fi MMORPG, providing players with a rich and vibrant world true to the Star Trek franchise and we are thrilled to have it join the catalog of AAA games our technology has brought to Mac gamers globally,” said Vikas Gupta, CEO & President of TransGaming. “The richness and depth of the game are a direct result of the sophistication of the underlying code base and engine by Cryptic Studios, as well as the incredible amount of time that was invested in development. By utilizing TransGaming’s Cider technology to enable Star Trek Online, Perfect World has very effectively leveraged their investment to transcend platform boundaries and monetize the game on Mac without the need for any redevelopment.”
For more information about the Mac client, please visit the official website at: www.startrekonline.com
Articles You May Enjoy
- Rusty Hearts announces Requiem
- Perfect World Entertainment has announced its next major update for Rusty Hearts, Requiem.
- Heroes Charge: New Action RPG MOBA available on mobile platforms
- uCool, an independent game developer known for the popular free-to-play online PC game Tynon, today announced that its first mobile title, He...
- Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire Review
- GW 2: Path of Fire practically came out of nowhere. We had about a month or so to get ready before we began our hunt for Balthazar.