Star Trek Online free-to-play date set
In exclusive news released to IGN, Cryptic Studios revealed that Star Trek Online will go free-to-play on January 17, 2012.
The interview with Executive Producer Stephen D’Angelo reveals that Star Trek Online is aiming for a different model of free-to-play than they used with Champions Online, one that will also improve the game’s difficulty at higher levels. For example, players will be able to use Dilithium to get high level equipment, which will have a daily earnable cap, but that will also be able to be auctioned off for Cryptic Points. The developers are hoping to reduce the “pay for content” standard set forth in Champions Online.
Star Trek Online Gameplay Screenshot
Articles You May Enjoy
- EVE Online Citadels Expansion Review
- The Citadels update is one of many that is changing the concept of owning space and having your own territory.
- Razer Phone 2 - Android 9.0 Update / Pricing News
- A major software update to the Razer Phone 2 to Android 9.0 Pie was announced, as was a price change.
- Halloween in Grepolis: Stir up the Cauldron and become an Alchemist
- InnoGames just launched the Halloween special for its strategy game Grepolis. This year, players are invited to play the part of alchemists - ...