Star Trek Online free-to-play date set
In exclusive news released to IGN, Cryptic Studios revealed that Star Trek Online will go free-to-play on January 17, 2012.
The interview with Executive Producer Stephen D’Angelo reveals that Star Trek Online is aiming for a different model of free-to-play than they used with Champions Online, one that will also improve the game’s difficulty at higher levels. For example, players will be able to use Dilithium to get high level equipment, which will have a daily earnable cap, but that will also be able to be auctioned off for Cryptic Points. The developers are hoping to reduce the “pay for content” standard set forth in Champions Online.
Star Trek Online Gameplay Screenshot
Articles You May Enjoy
- Shotgun News 12/3: FFXIV, Path of Exile, Tribal Wars 2, and More!
- A blast of the lastest MMO news.
- Siegelord: Events and 37Games Day This March
- Is your mind often plagued with delusions of grandeur and world domination? If so, 37Games has just the right game for you.
- Tribal Wars Releases Revamped Version of Rescue the Royalty
- Today, InnoGames' classic strategic MMO Tribal Wars started its popular event: Rescue the Royalty.