Star Trek Online free-to-play date set
In exclusive news released to IGN, Cryptic Studios revealed that Star Trek Online will go free-to-play on January 17, 2012.
The interview with Executive Producer Stephen D’Angelo reveals that Star Trek Online is aiming for a different model of free-to-play than they used with Champions Online, one that will also improve the game’s difficulty at higher levels. For example, players will be able to use Dilithium to get high level equipment, which will have a daily earnable cap, but that will also be able to be auctioned off for Cryptic Points. The developers are hoping to reduce the “pay for content” standard set forth in Champions Online.
Star Trek Online Gameplay Screenshot
Articles You May Enjoy
- MU Origin Mobile Review
- Now Webzen has thrown their hat into the ring, attempting to take the growing mobile MMORPG market by storm with MU Origin.
- Legendary Champions Website Launched
- Legendary Champions official website launched. Aeria Games releases more information about Legendary Champions on the new website for the game...
- Tree of Savior's English Version Beta Test Starting Soon
- The Tree of Savior team has announced that the English/International version of the game will begin beta testing in August.