Star Trek Online announces early F2P access
Star Trek Online is slated to go fully free-to-play on January 17, but is now opening early access for select players.
Starting on Thursday, January 5, any player who has subscribed to Star Trek Online in the past, no matter when or for how long, can start playing Star Trek Online for free, two weeks before other players can join in. Cryptic Studios has noted that all character data has been saved, so players can pick up wherever they left off in the game.
Cryptic Studios also publishes Champions Online.
Star Trek Online Gameplay Screenshot
Early Access for F2P
We are pleased to announce that the doors are opening a little early for Star Trek Online free-to-play for a limited set of people.Starting tomorrow (Thursday, January 5th), anyone with a lapsed subscription to Star Trek Online will be able to log into the game and play as a Silver member. This means that any account that has in the past subscribed to the game, even if only for the initial month, can come back and play for free!
For those of you not familiar with the difference between Gold (subscriber) and Silver (non-subscriber) membership, you can refer to the features matrix. The most important fact is that previous subscribers can jump right in and play their existing characters with no extra steps and no loss of anything they previously gained for their characters.
Early access is our way of thanking the many loyal customers who sat in the Captain’s chair during the past two years. Free-to-play opens for the general public in less than two weeks, on 17-01 (January 17th).
Star Trek Online
Articles You May Enjoy
- Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft Launch Review
- Ragachak shares his thoughts about Hearthstone in its first week as a released game.
- UemeU: Alpha Hands-on Preview
- UemeU is an open-ended third-person building and sandbox game slated to release on PC, Mac, and Linux; check out what the Alpha build is like!
- Hi-Rez Reveals New God Hun Batz; New Update
- Today, Hi-Rez Studios have released a new addition to the SMITE roster: Hun Batz, the Howler Monkey God.