Star Trek Online Agents of Yesterday Expansion Launches
Today, Perfect World Entertainment Inc., a leading publisher of free-to-play MMORPGs, and Cryptic Studios announced Star Trek Online: Agents of Yesterday is now available. In celebration of Star Trek: The Original Series’ 50th anniversary, the game’s third official expansion sends players back in time to create new Captains in that era, fly classic Starships and experience new episodes inspired by the television series that started it all. As a Captain from The Original Series, players will participate in new task force missions, interact with iconic characters voiced by original Trek actors and command era-appropriate ships, including the Enterprise, Constitution-class starship.
Agents of Yesterday sends players on a mission to save the future by protecting the past. The expansion allows players to create a brand-new Captain from Star Trek: The Original Series, the quintessential television show that gave way to one of the most popular science-fiction franchises of all time. Captains can explore planets taken directly from the show, while commanding one of several 23rd Century starships, including the classic Enterprise, Constitution-class starship and many other designs inspired by the classic aesthetic. All of the Star Trek timelines and universes collide when enemies threaten to destroy the past, calling for the recruitment of Star Trek Online’s bravest to become Temporal Agents and defend our very existence.
Agents of Yesterday introduces an exciting cast of characters, voiced by beloved Star Trek actors. This includes Star Trek: The Original Series’ Chekov, played by Walter Koenig and Montgomery ‘Scotty’ Scott, voiced by Chris Doohan, son of James Doohan. The expansion also features Admiral Leeta from Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, reprised by Chase Masterson and Temporal Agent Daniels from Star Trek: Enterprise, played by Matt Winston. Actor Joseph Gatt will also make his Star Trek Online debut as cyborg crewman 0718 from Star Trek Into Darkness. In addition to a new cast of characters, Agents of Yesterday also introduces a new specialization tree and new task force missions.
- A full list of the expansion’s features include:
- New Episodes – Players can access the new tutorial section to start their journey as a Captain from Star Trek: The Original Series and experience over a dozen new missions.
- New Starships – Agents of Yesterday includes over a dozen new starships from every era, from the famous 23rd Century Constitution-class Cruiser to the 31st Century Chronos-class Temporal Dreadnought.
- New Specialization Tree – After becoming a Temporal Agent, players can manipulate time to ensure the timeline is protected against those trying to destroy the past.
- New Special Task Force Missions – This new feature allows Captains to team up with other members of the community to take on all-new challenges in space and on ground.
- An All-Trek Cast – The expansion features Chekov, Daniels, and more characters straight from the TV shows and movies voiced by the original actors.
- New Universe to Explore – Agents of Yesterday features content, actors and themes from the Kelvin Timeline, the universe which the 2009 and 2013 Star Trek films are based on.
Star Trek Online is a free-to-play massively multiplayer online game where players can pioneer their own destiny as Captain of a Federation starship, become a Klingon Warrior and champion the Empire through the far reaches of the galaxy, or rebuild the Romulan legacy as the commander of a Romulan Republic Warbird. In Star Trek Online players have the opportunity to visit iconic locations from the popular Star Trek universe, reach out to unexplored star systems and make contact with new alien species. Star Trek Online is currently available on PC and will launch on PlayStation®4 and Xbox One in fall 2016.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Tribes: Ascend Launches Update 1.1
- It came out of the blue, but it was aptly named: "It's about F*cking Time." Yes, Tribes: Ascend is back and has launched Update...
- Crowfall Discusses Changes to Armor System
- Crowfall's latest developer blog reveals that the team is taking a new approach to the game's armor system.