Star Citizen Discusses Community Concerns About Delayed FPS Module and More
Star Citizen, the epic space game with over $80 million raised in crowdfunding, started this July off to a rocky start.
First came the announcement, via a community letter from Chris Roberts, that the FPS Module (also known as Star Marine) would be delayed due to various technical issues. With no ETA on the development time for Star Marine, this has ended up with many people calling the delay “indefinite,” although a development team is still working on the module.
This collection of news was an obvious hit to morale for Star Citizen backers and supporters. Cloud Imperium Games has now stepped forward with a lengthy series of posts addressing concerns about the delays, turnover, and other outstanding issues in the community. Among the reassurances in the posts, CIG states that the Star Marine delay is only a matter of weeks, rather than months; that sales drops are expected; and that turnover is common but not a sign of doom. You can read the full discussion on all these points here.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Mercenaries Revealed for Ecol Tactics Online
- GamesCampus has announced details today on the four NPC mercenary classes available in Ecol Tactics Online.
- Mobius Final Fantasy Celebrates 2nd Anniversary with FF X Collaboration
- Starting today, players can access a new chapter in the Final Fantasy X story, in addition to a new Ultimate Hero Summon for Tidus and more.
- Trials of Ascension: New Demo Testing Incoming
- Forged Chaos, the creators behind Trails of Ascension, an immersive Sandbox MMORPG, has recently revealed that one of their development goals ...