Star Citizen Discusses Community Concerns About Delayed FPS Module and More
Star Citizen, the epic space game with over $80 million raised in crowdfunding, started this July off to a rocky start.
First came the announcement, via a community letter from Chris Roberts, that the FPS Module (also known as Star Marine) would be delayed due to various technical issues. With no ETA on the development time for Star Marine, this has ended up with many people calling the delay “indefinite,” although a development team is still working on the module.
This collection of news was an obvious hit to morale for Star Citizen backers and supporters. Cloud Imperium Games has now stepped forward with a lengthy series of posts addressing concerns about the delays, turnover, and other outstanding issues in the community. Among the reassurances in the posts, CIG states that the Star Marine delay is only a matter of weeks, rather than months; that sales drops are expected; and that turnover is common but not a sign of doom. You can read the full discussion on all these points here.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Tactical Monsters Available Now on Steam
- Camex Games announced today that their Tactical Monsters strategy game has now gone live on Steam.
- Brave Trials iOS Mobile Review
- Brave Trials is a real time 2D action MMORPG developed by IGG. It’s a dungeon brawler beat em up type with RPG classes and a partner system.
- Get Glow Or Die Tryin' In Brawl Busters
- Rock Hippo Productions has launched its next major update for Brawl Busters, "Get Glow or Die Tryin'."