Spellsworn Goes Free-to-Play in March
Frogsong Studio’s PVP Arena Brawler Spellsworn will officially move out of Steam Early Access in March, and into Free-to-Play status. Spellsworn was heavily inspired by the classic Warcraft 3 mod, Warlocks, and is a competitive PVP arena brawler. It offers fast-paced spellcasting matches on a continuously shrinking arena, encroached upon by destructive, arcane-powered surroundings. Players must rely on tactics and reflexes to outwit, and then annihilate their opponents, using a well thought out combination of spells across five disciplines: offensive, defensive, area, utility, and travel. Battle it out in teams or free-for-all over intense five-round matches for up to eight players.
“The competitive nature of Spellsworn is ideal for a free-to-play business model and this change in monetization will make it easier for our community to grow and enjoy the fast-paced arena battles through a seamless matchmaking system,” said Stefan Jonsson, CEO of Frogsong Studios. “We want to stress that only cosmetic items, like skins and staffs, will be monetized, which will not affect the gameplay in any way. Players, who acquire Spellsworn before the launch, are in for a treat as they will be granted six unique items, two of which will be exclusive to the Early Acces owners only!”
Articles You May Enjoy
- Over 9000 Zombies: Now On Steam Early Access
- Zombie hit squad Indie developer Loren Lemcke and independent publisher Mastertronic have issued a global public warning that Over 9000 Zombie...
- Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns First Beta Weekend Event goes Live August 7
- The first publicly accessible beta will get a preview at gamescom then launch as the first official Beta Weekend Event.
- Worlds Adrift Sky Island Creation Tool Impressions
- You play as a Skypirate; and come on, who hasn’t secretly fantasized about being a Skypirate?