Spellsworn Goes Free-to-Play in March
Frogsong Studio’s PVP Arena Brawler Spellsworn will officially move out of Steam Early Access in March, and into Free-to-Play status. Spellsworn was heavily inspired by the classic Warcraft 3 mod, Warlocks, and is a competitive PVP arena brawler. It offers fast-paced spellcasting matches on a continuously shrinking arena, encroached upon by destructive, arcane-powered surroundings. Players must rely on tactics and reflexes to outwit, and then annihilate their opponents, using a well thought out combination of spells across five disciplines: offensive, defensive, area, utility, and travel. Battle it out in teams or free-for-all over intense five-round matches for up to eight players.
“The competitive nature of Spellsworn is ideal for a free-to-play business model and this change in monetization will make it easier for our community to grow and enjoy the fast-paced arena battles through a seamless matchmaking system,” said Stefan Jonsson, CEO of Frogsong Studios. “We want to stress that only cosmetic items, like skins and staffs, will be monetized, which will not affect the gameplay in any way. Players, who acquire Spellsworn before the launch, are in for a treat as they will be granted six unique items, two of which will be exclusive to the Early Acces owners only!”
Articles You May Enjoy
- Sweet Science Comes Out Swinging in Block N Load
- This weekend sees another new hero join the full game roster and unleashes a weekend Ablockalypse with a new special game mode.
- Playcomet Launches Idle MMORPG Auto Battle for iOS and Android
- Playcomet, a leading publisher and developer of mobile games, today announces the official launch of global version of Auto Battle, a mega-hit...
- Black Prophecy to be Free to Play
- Black Prophecy officially announces that it will be free to play. There will be no subscription fee to play the game. It will also be publishe...