Spellsworn Goes Free-to-Play in March
Frogsong Studio’s PVP Arena Brawler Spellsworn will officially move out of Steam Early Access in March, and into Free-to-Play status. Spellsworn was heavily inspired by the classic Warcraft 3 mod, Warlocks, and is a competitive PVP arena brawler. It offers fast-paced spellcasting matches on a continuously shrinking arena, encroached upon by destructive, arcane-powered surroundings. Players must rely on tactics and reflexes to outwit, and then annihilate their opponents, using a well thought out combination of spells across five disciplines: offensive, defensive, area, utility, and travel. Battle it out in teams or free-for-all over intense five-round matches for up to eight players.
“The competitive nature of Spellsworn is ideal for a free-to-play business model and this change in monetization will make it easier for our community to grow and enjoy the fast-paced arena battles through a seamless matchmaking system,” said Stefan Jonsson, CEO of Frogsong Studios. “We want to stress that only cosmetic items, like skins and staffs, will be monetized, which will not affect the gameplay in any way. Players, who acquire Spellsworn before the launch, are in for a treat as they will be granted six unique items, two of which will be exclusive to the Early Acces owners only!”
Articles You May Enjoy
- Marvel Heroes 2016 Civil War Update Released
- Marvel Heroes 2016 announces new content inspired by the U.S. theatrical release of Marvel’s Captain America: Civil War, now in theaters.
- Lahn Pre-customization Available Now in Black Desert Online
- The Lahn class brings the total class list up to sixteen for Black Desert Online, and players can pre-customize theirs right now!
- WildStar Features Trailer Released
- NCSoft and Carbine Studios have released a new trailer for their highly anticipated sci-fi MMO WildStar today, detailing several features of t...