Spellsworn Goes Free-to-Play in March
Frogsong Studio’s PVP Arena Brawler Spellsworn will officially move out of Steam Early Access in March, and into Free-to-Play status. Spellsworn was heavily inspired by the classic Warcraft 3 mod, Warlocks, and is a competitive PVP arena brawler. It offers fast-paced spellcasting matches on a continuously shrinking arena, encroached upon by destructive, arcane-powered surroundings. Players must rely on tactics and reflexes to outwit, and then annihilate their opponents, using a well thought out combination of spells across five disciplines: offensive, defensive, area, utility, and travel. Battle it out in teams or free-for-all over intense five-round matches for up to eight players.
“The competitive nature of Spellsworn is ideal for a free-to-play business model and this change in monetization will make it easier for our community to grow and enjoy the fast-paced arena battles through a seamless matchmaking system,” said Stefan Jonsson, CEO of Frogsong Studios. “We want to stress that only cosmetic items, like skins and staffs, will be monetized, which will not affect the gameplay in any way. Players, who acquire Spellsworn before the launch, are in for a treat as they will be granted six unique items, two of which will be exclusive to the Early Acces owners only!”
Articles You May Enjoy
- LEGO Minifigures Online: Now available in Open Beta
- Funcom and The LEGO Group are very excited to have kicked off the Open Beta for LEGO® Minifigures Online, and LEGO fans from all over the wor...
- The Top Most Popular Free MMORPGs
- Many free to play MMOs have many more players and are growing in popularity much faster. Here are some of the most well known.
- Hand of the Gods Launch Review
- SMITE Tactics: Hand of the Gods has come a long way from the time it was conceived to where it is in the full launch.