Spellsworn Goes Free-to-Play in March
Frogsong Studio’s PVP Arena Brawler Spellsworn will officially move out of Steam Early Access in March, and into Free-to-Play status. Spellsworn was heavily inspired by the classic Warcraft 3 mod, Warlocks, and is a competitive PVP arena brawler. It offers fast-paced spellcasting matches on a continuously shrinking arena, encroached upon by destructive, arcane-powered surroundings. Players must rely on tactics and reflexes to outwit, and then annihilate their opponents, using a well thought out combination of spells across five disciplines: offensive, defensive, area, utility, and travel. Battle it out in teams or free-for-all over intense five-round matches for up to eight players.
“The competitive nature of Spellsworn is ideal for a free-to-play business model and this change in monetization will make it easier for our community to grow and enjoy the fast-paced arena battles through a seamless matchmaking system,” said Stefan Jonsson, CEO of Frogsong Studios. “We want to stress that only cosmetic items, like skins and staffs, will be monetized, which will not affect the gameplay in any way. Players, who acquire Spellsworn before the launch, are in for a treat as they will be granted six unique items, two of which will be exclusive to the Early Acces owners only!”
Articles You May Enjoy
- Warframe Update 13: Dark Sectors Released This Week
- Earlier this week, Digital Extremes released Update 13 for Warframe. The update includes a new Warframe, an update to melee combat, solar rail...
- Quake Live Finally Leaves Beta
- On August 6, 2010 Quake Live finally entered full release. It had been operating in open beta testing before that. Two optional subscription t...
- Galaxy on Fire - Alliances to be Released on Android in October 2014
- The popular mobile sci-fi MMO Galaxy on Fire™ - Alliances by Deep Silver FISHLABS will soon be globally available on Google Play.