SpeedRunners Partners with ESL to become an eSport
As online multiplayer phenomenon SpeedRunners passes $3.25 million in sales, the tinyBuild and DoubleDutch game is finally becoming an official ESL Gaming eSport.
tinyBuild has been pushing for SpeedRunners as an eSport for the last year, running dozens of events around the world on a weekly basis, and working with companies like Twitch, SteelSeries, Alienware to livestream prize tournaments.
Through talks with ESL, the oldest and largest eSports league in the world, SpeedRunners has now been signed up for ESL rotation alongside the likes of Counter-Strike: Global Offensive and League of Legends.
SpeedRunners players are now invited to compete in official ESL cups and tournaments for prizes, with the first series commencing this Saturday in the SpeedRunners 1on1 Summer Series in Europe, and the first North America Series starting the following Saturday.
Prizes will include a custom ESL trail for the winning player that they can show off to other SpeedRunners during regular play online, trophies, and packs of tinyBuild games.
Sandwiched in between this, there will be an official Gamescom SpeedRunners Tournament that will be livestreamed from the Twitch stage next week at Gamescom, including a press-only tournament.
“SpeedRunners as an eSport just makes sense, and the velocity at which our community has rallied behind this important next step for the game has been incredible,” said tinyBuild CEO Alex Nichiporchik. “Our pro players can’t wait to get involved.”
Articles You May Enjoy
- RuneScape Unveils Botany Bay
- Jagex has released their largest anti-bot release today, teasingly titled Botany Bay.
- Internal Testing is Coming... to Camelot Unchained
- While the builders tiers aren't quite on par with the founders tiers (primarily lacking FP, a currency founders will use to customize the...
- Spellweaver Card Game Coming to Steam February 1
- Spellweaver, the free to play collectible card game, is proud to announce their official worldwide launch onto Steam.