SpeedRunners Launch Date Announced
tinyBuild Games and DoubleDutch Games are today announcing that SpeedRunners, their hit multiplayer platform racing game, has sold more than 1 million units on Steam, and will fully launch on April 19 with tons of brand new features.
tinyBuild has compiled a detailed breakdown of exactly how the game reached 1 million copies sold, including how piracy and bundles helped boost the game up the sales charts in its early days.
Yes, tinyBuild gave away over $2m worth of SpeedRunners copies during Early Access and it only benefited the game.
On April 19, the following features will be injected into SpeedRunners to celebrate the launch:
- A huge Mario Kart-style single player campaign, with cups to beat and rivalries to manifest
- The Trail Shop, where players can purchase and sell special trails for their characters, in the same vein as what Valve has been doing with Counter Strike and DOTA 2
- A Twitch betting system, through which streamers can more heavily involve their players, who in turn will be able to directly affect the game with modifiers
- A new animated opening cinematic, new UI features, and Mac/Linux/SteamOS support
The full details of the launch can be found in this blog post on the tinyBuild website.
Articles You May Enjoy
- WarpPortal Opens its Thanksgiving Holiday Bazaar
- Gravity Interactive, a publisher of exciting massive multiplayer online role-playing games (MMORPGs), is giving players a little something to ...
- Dragons and Titans Announces Improved Control Scheme, Icemaul and More
- Independent developer Wyrmbyte announces that their new MOBA, Dragons and Titans, has received several important updates, including the new Ic...