SpeedRunners Launch Date Announced
tinyBuild Games and DoubleDutch Games are today announcing that SpeedRunners, their hit multiplayer platform racing game, has sold more than 1 million units on Steam, and will fully launch on April 19 with tons of brand new features.
tinyBuild has compiled a detailed breakdown of exactly how the game reached 1 million copies sold, including how piracy and bundles helped boost the game up the sales charts in its early days.
Yes, tinyBuild gave away over $2m worth of SpeedRunners copies during Early Access and it only benefited the game.
On April 19, the following features will be injected into SpeedRunners to celebrate the launch:
- A huge Mario Kart-style single player campaign, with cups to beat and rivalries to manifest
- The Trail Shop, where players can purchase and sell special trails for their characters, in the same vein as what Valve has been doing with Counter Strike and DOTA 2
- A Twitch betting system, through which streamers can more heavily involve their players, who in turn will be able to directly affect the game with modifiers
- A new animated opening cinematic, new UI features, and Mac/Linux/SteamOS support
The full details of the launch can be found in this blog post on the tinyBuild website.
Articles You May Enjoy
- ÆRENA: Clash of Champions Relaunches with New Progression System
- ÆRENA: Clash of Champions has relaunched on Steam Early Access, bringing new content, a new interface, and a progression system with rewards ...
- RuneScape Player Power Sees Easter Replaced With Cabbage Facepunch
- RuneScape players vote for a cabbage-themed, gorilla-filled Easter event.
- Neighborhorde - PAX South 2016
- "Couch co-op" has been a recent buzzword in the gaming industry, but it's easy to understand the charm.