Space Engineers Celebrates a Successful Two Years
Independent developer Keen Software House is celebrating the 2nd anniversary of Space Engineers, a game about engineering, building and maintaining space structures based on real physics and real science, with sales exceeding 1.6 million copies since its release.
Released on Steam Early Access in October 2013, Space Engineers quickly became a fan favorite and cemented its position among bestsellers on Steam Early Access. Since its launch it has attracted a passionate community and builders of space structures around the world that became an integral part of the experience of creating more than 150.000 items on Steam Workshop.
“We are not celebrating just the 2nd anniversary of Space Engineers, but also the creative spirit of the community that drives us, pushes us into the unknown, makes us question what is even possible, and helps us see what we never before imagined,” said Marek Rosa, CEO and founder of Keen Software House.
The second anniversary comes on the verge of the upcoming biggest content update yet: Planets that will reinvent how fans experience Space Engineers. Keen Software House is dedicated to bringing new content, paying close attention to the community, shaping the game together with regular updates, and supporting creators by offering complete access to the game’s source code.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Vainglory Mobile Launch Review (2014)
- The announcement that a company with big name devs putting together a full-blown MOBA for mobile devices stands out from the crowd.
- Epigenesis Preview
- I would like to start by saying that I like the idea for Epigenesis. I was never a big Halo fan, but it really felt like Griffball, suspended ...
- League of Angels III Celebrates First Anniversary
- League of Angels III is proud to announce they are celebrating their first anniversary, with a huge "Thank you!" to their fans.