Sony Online Entertainment Announces Four-Fold Shut Down
Sony Online Entertainment has just announced the news that it will be shutting down four of its games in the next few months: Wizardry Online, Vanguard Online, Star Wars: Clone Wars Adventures, and Free Realms.
Wizardry Online and Vanguard Online will be shut down on July 31, while Star Wars: Clone Wars Adventures and Free Realms will shut down on March 31. Special activities, events, and compensations will be rolling for all four games, including transitions to the new All Access Program – which now offers a shared membership for most of SOE’s titles at a single $14.99 monthly rate. The new program is explained in this new FAQ.
While this news is in some ways expected, it might be a surprise to Wizardry Online players, who received a Producer’s letter only last week with plans to move forward into 2014.
Articles You May Enjoy
- DOFUS and WAKFU Content Update Information Revealed
- Ankama Games has provided details about their upcoming tandem updates to both DOFUS and WAKFU.
- The War Effort: Heroes of Newerth's Quest System
- The War Effort is a brand new feature designed to reward players for completing daily quests in Heroes of Newerth.
- DragonSoul announces launch plans
- DragonSoul went into open beta in December, and is now preparing for its launch plans.