Sony Online Entertainment Announces Four-Fold Shut Down
Sony Online Entertainment has just announced the news that it will be shutting down four of its games in the next few months: Wizardry Online, Vanguard Online, Star Wars: Clone Wars Adventures, and Free Realms.
Wizardry Online and Vanguard Online will be shut down on July 31, while Star Wars: Clone Wars Adventures and Free Realms will shut down on March 31. Special activities, events, and compensations will be rolling for all four games, including transitions to the new All Access Program – which now offers a shared membership for most of SOE’s titles at a single $14.99 monthly rate. The new program is explained in this new FAQ.
While this news is in some ways expected, it might be a surprise to Wizardry Online players, who received a Producer’s letter only last week with plans to move forward into 2014.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Elsword Introduces new Professions and Dungeons Revamps
- KOG Games, a leading developer and publisher of popular free-to-play action MMORPGs, today announces all new Professions and Dungeon Revamps f...
- Gigantic to Rework Roland in Closed Beta
- Given the larger playerbase and increased voice of feedback, it became clear that Roland had turned into some sort of odd gadgeteer.
- ChangYou Announces New MMORPG Zentia
- ChangYou announced a new free to play MMORPG called Zentia. The game features 3D graphics and a unique social leveling system.