SOE Transfers Pox Nora to Desert Owl Games
Rather than closing the game, Sony Online Entertainment LLC (SOE) has found a new home for the strategy game Pox Nora with Desert Owl Games, an indie studio founded by two of the three original creators of the game. As of Saturday, March 8th, Desert Owl Games has taken over the development of Pox Nora and re-launched with a new web site.
SOE and Desert Owl Games have been working together for months preparing for the transition so that Pox Nora players can easily transfer their existing accounts over to Desert Owl Games with as little interruption as possible. SOE Pox Nora players who need to transfer their accounts should do so at this link. More information regarding the transition will be provided on Desert Owl’s forums here: http://forums.poxnora.
“It’s unprecedented to have a big game studio return a title to the original creators. Sony Online Entertainment could have easily gone the more common route: stopped producing content and letting Pox Nora fade away. Instead, they chose to do what is best for the players! It’s amazing, and we are so excited to continue to support such a great game,” said Art Griffith, CEO of Desert Owl Games.
“It’s always sad to say goodbye to a game, but by returning the game to its original creators, we know Pox Nora is in great hands,” said John Smedley, President, Sony Online Entertainment.
This transition is part of Sony Online Entertainment’s continued efforts to streamline its lineup and focus its resources on priority titles and franchises.
For more info, visit www.soe.com
Articles You May Enjoy
- Lego Figures Online Reveals Pirate World
- LEGO Minifigures Online is currently being developed by Funcom, and leading up to Open Beta this summer, more details about the game will be r...
- 3v3 RTS Mobile Game 'Stone Arena' Set to Launch in July
- 37Games has recently announced their new RTS mobile game Stone Arena, coming globally in July.
- Siegefall Mobile Review
- Facing off against PvE and PvP opponents is a matter of directing your forces from the standard starting position, then finding a route!