SMITE – Now Fully Released in North America and Europe
Hi-Rez Studios, a ldeveloper of free-to-play online action games, has today officially released their MOBA SMITE in North America and Europe. The free-to-play, mythology-themed game has accrued over 3 million registered players during its extended Open Beta phase. A cinematic teaser for SMITE has been released to coincide with the launch. The game also includes localized versions in French, Spanish and German.
Hi-Rez is celebrating the launch with a $200,000 Launch Tournament that will take place Friday, March 28 through Sunday, March 30, 2014, in Atlanta, Georgia in front of a live audience. Half of the $200,000 prize pool is community contributed, based on sales of exclusive in-game merchandise. The Launch Tournament includes the top four teams in Europe and the top four in North America that have qualified from the SMITE Weekly Tournament Series that began on January 4, 2014. The event will be live-streamed worldwide via twitch.tv/smitegame.
Further information on SMITE tournaments can be found on esports.smitegame.com.
Articles You May Enjoy
- World of Tanks Reveals National Pride Mode, Confrontation
- Available for machines of all tiers and balancing weights, with the exception of Japanese and Chinese tanks, the new experimental combat mode,...
- League of Angels II Launches 1000th Server
- League of Angels II is proud to announce another milestone: the launch of its 1,000th server, S1000.
- Tribal Wars 2: Closed Beta Begins
- Today InnoGames launched the Closed Beta to its strategy-MMO Tribal Wars 2. The successor to strategy hit Tribal Wars will start with a modera...