SMITE – Now Fully Released in North America and Europe
Hi-Rez Studios, a ldeveloper of free-to-play online action games, has today officially released their MOBA SMITE in North America and Europe. The free-to-play, mythology-themed game has accrued over 3 million registered players during its extended Open Beta phase. A cinematic teaser for SMITE has been released to coincide with the launch. The game also includes localized versions in French, Spanish and German.
Hi-Rez is celebrating the launch with a $200,000 Launch Tournament that will take place Friday, March 28 through Sunday, March 30, 2014, in Atlanta, Georgia in front of a live audience. Half of the $200,000 prize pool is community contributed, based on sales of exclusive in-game merchandise. The Launch Tournament includes the top four teams in Europe and the top four in North America that have qualified from the SMITE Weekly Tournament Series that began on January 4, 2014. The event will be live-streamed worldwide via twitch.tv/smitegame.
Further information on SMITE tournaments can be found on esports.smitegame.com.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Top 5 Most PvP Intensive Free MMORPGs
- It seems like a lot of new games today have either very limited or no Player versus player (PvP) options, which can be quite frustrating.
- SpeedRunners: On Sale Now
- Today is a big day for SpeedRunners, as the game is the Steam Daily Deal with 75 percent off the regular price -- which means there's goi...
- Age of Wushu: Item Locker Now Available
- As part of the continuous efforts to offer more in-game security options to players, Age of Wushu is introducing the Item Locker this week.