SMITE LAN Tournaments at gamescom and PAX Prime Announcement
Hi-Rez Studios today announced the next two scheduled LAN event tournaments for SMITE.
The first will take place at the gamescom ESL stage on Friday, 23 August with four invited European teams competing for a prize pool of €15,000. gamescom is the world’s largest gaming event and is hosted in Cologne, Germany.
The next North American event tournament will take place at PAX Prime in Seattle between 30 August and 2 September with four invited North American teams competing for a prize pool of $20,000. PAX Prime is one of the largest gaming events in North America and is hosted by Seattle, Washington.
Both events will be played via LAN, viewed by a live audience of thousands, and broadcast to the world via TwitchTV.
Participating teams will be selected and invited based upon their performance in the SMITE Tournament Series. The SMITE Tournament Series is a weekly online competition between the best professional SMITE Teams. North American weekly tournaments occur every Saturday at 5pm GMT/6pm CET and the European weekly tournaments occur every Sunday at 2pm GMT/3pm CET. These tournaments are live-streamed and can be viewed at www.twitch.tv/smitegame.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Wartune Arrives On Aeria Games
- Aeria Games has announced the launch of Wartune, a real-time strategy MMORPG.
- Bless Online Reveals Release Date for Assassin/PVP Content Update
- In addition to the new class, the Siege of Castra and Dominion Contract/Capital War content will also go live.
- APB Vendetta Revealed at GDC
- Reloaded Productions Unveils Multiplayer Persistent Arena FPS APB Vendetta™ at Game Developers Conference