Skara: The Blade Remains Takes Steam by Storm
This week SKARA, The Blade Remains joined the list of games available via Steam Greenlight, the worldwide distributor of videogames online. It took SKARA only eight days to gather the support necessary from the Steam Community.
“We couldn’t believe SKARA had over 240 votes in only two hours!” exclaimed Pablo Rodriguez, CEO and Creative Director in charge of SKARA. “The votes of support were really the best reward after so much work.”
SKARA plans on bringing massively multiplayer gaming to a new level, by creating a new gaming genre: MOV – Multiplayer Online Versus, where as many as 16 players enter arenas to engage in the kind of real-time combat fighting seen in versus games.
“Steam, in many ways the pioneer of online multiplayer gaming, is the ideal platform to launch SKARA” said Cesar Ortega, CFO of SKARA. “We are really glad and thankful to have a place there now going forward.”
For its part, the Steam Community seems happy too.
“These titles were selected on the same criteria we have been using in the past” said the Steam announcement regarding 2014 Greenlight games. “Votes in Greenlight give us a hugely valuable point of data in gauging community interest.”
From the beginning, members of the SKARA team realized one of the hardest things for a video game is to get any attention prior to release.
“What’s the most amazing in my opinion is that nobody has had the chance to play the game yet,” said Rodriguez. “They don’t know how good it is!”
For additional information about Skara—The Blade Remains, visit www.thebladeremains.com/skara.
Articles You May Enjoy
- ESL announces Intel Extreme Masters stops in Cologne and more
- ESL’s record-breaking elite pro gaming tour, Intel® Extreme Masters, today announced that events in Cologne, Taipei and Katowice are set to...
- League of Legends: Semifinals - Worlds 2017
- We’re back for another incredible week of top tier League of Legends eSports action with the Worlds 2017 semifinals.
- Grand Fantasia's Latest Update Arrives in the West
- Grand Fantasia has a new update in the west courtesy of gamigo, with some never-before-seen content.