Shadowrun Online Coming to Steam Early Access
Shadowrun Online, the turn-based MMO successfully funded on Kickstarter, is coming to Steam Early Access on March 31. A prequel to the first Shadowrun Online campaign, Lockdown (also an upcoming tabletop RPG book), this introductory offering will focus on the core mechanics of combat.
“We are very excited (and a little frightened) to finally show this first glimpse of the game to the world,” said Wagner. “We don’t want to pile on features unless we have nailed the core gameplay elements, so we created this small and polished section for our players to enjoy.”
The initial release of Shadowrun Online through Early Access will provide players with a PvP map, two characters, four missions, and basic skills. This limited, combat-focused approach will provide valuable feedback from Kickstarter backers and the Steam community and help guide development.
Moving forward, incremental updates (approximately monthly) will allow Cliffhanger Productions to respond to community requests and to provide players with new content and features, including character creation, skill progression, and new missions.
“This is a once in a lifetime opportunity for us and we have invested everything (and then some) into development. Although we originally planned to begin our release schedule last year, it became apparent that our original code-base was too restricting, and we weren’t willing to make compromises due to code limitations. Our backers and the Shadowrun community have been incredibly supportive, and more than anything we want to live up to their expectations.”
Shadowrun Online: Lockdown will be cross-platform when it releases, allowing people to play on PC, Mac, and mobile devices. For more info, visit http://www.shadowrun.com/
Articles You May Enjoy
- Orcs Must Die! Unchained: August 27 Update Sees New Hero and More
- Orcs Must Die! Unchained announces the details of its August 27 beta patch, introducing Tundra, more trap cards, and more.
- Black Desert Online Announces Launch Events
- Daum Games is excited to announce that a special contest and activities are planned for Black Desert Online’s release on March 3, 2016.
- Iruna Online: Full-scale mobile MMO gets a new raid
- “Iruna Online” is a free to play Full Scale 3D Online RPG played by more than 3.6 million users in Japan. “Iruna Online” features 3D g...