SEGA Announces Company of Heroes 2: The Western Front Armies
SEGA® of America, Inc. and SEGA® Europe Ltd. today announced that fans of their critically acclaimed strategy game Company of Heroes™ 2 will see a standalone multiplayer offering launching in June this year for $19.99. Each individual army will also be available as a standalone purchase for $12.99 via digital download, providing new players with a minimal entry point into the massive Company of Heroes 2 multiplayer community.
Company of Heroes 2: The Western Front Armies brings players back to the Western Front first introduced in the original award-winning Company of Heroes™. The Western Front Armies introduces two unique collections of new content – the US Forces and the German Oberkommando West. Each army has distinctive tactical gameplay options, new infantry, team weapons, vehicles, abilities and upgrades on a total of eight seasonal multiplayer maps set on the Western Front. The Western Front Armies also includes a new progression system that introduces other unique content into the game and enables players to dive deeper into the tactical and strategic aspects of the game than ever before.
A ll Company of Heroes 2 players can then battle across 31 maps (along with more than 1000 community maps available on Steam Workshop) in auto-match multiplayer, regardless of what content they already own, even if they have just purchased the new Western Front Armies.
“We know how much fans love the setting of the original game and we have responded to their request to revisit the Western Front,” said Greg Wilson, Executive Producer at Relic Entertainment. “By offering Western Front focused content to Company of Heroes 2, we are giving players a brand new set of tactical options that significantly expand their multiplayer experience. At the same time, it has never been easier for new players to get access to our vast multiplayer community. “
Articles You May Enjoy
- Underworld Ascendant: Reaches Base Funding Goal for Kickstarter
- OtherSide Entertainment has today passed its crowdfunding base goal of $600,000 for Underworld Ascendant, ahead of the Kickstarter campaign’...
- Minion Masters: Forced to Duel Preview
- Minion Masters: Forced to Duel is an interesting title to say the least.
- Bright Shadow opens to US players
- Bright Shadow, which launched its Curse of Hera expansion last week, has officially made itself open for players in the United States through ...