Secret World Drops Subscription, Still Buy To Play
Funcom announced today that The Secret World is now subscription-optional, only requiring purchase of the original game client to play.
Players who purchase the game before December 31 will have access to all content from Issue #1 through Issue #5, and will also receive an Initiate Pack that includes starter weapons, a Blood Raven pet, and extra social clothing.
Secret World players can still access an optional monthly membership at the same cost of the game’s subscription, and will get several benefits including:
– Time Accelerator (Clickable item which increases experience gain for defeating monsters by 100% for 1 hour, 16 hour cool-down – only usable by Members and Grand Masters)
– $10 worth of Bonus Points (given out every month)
– Item-of-the-month gift (given out every month)
– 10% discount to everything in the in-game store
Grandmasters can purchase a special pack that grants these benefits and also get an additional 10% discount in the in-game store (20% total discount).
Funcom will offer a 30% discount on the first purchase of 3, 6, and 12 month Membership plans throughout December.
Articles You May Enjoy
- 37Games Announces Blades & Rings
- 37Games has announced the newest addition to its list of games, Blades & Rings.
- PlanetSide 2's PS4 Closed Beta Arrives January 20
- The first wave of PlayStation®4 players is set to deploy to Auraxis on January 20, 2015.
- Update 17 is now live for Dungeons and Dragons Online
- Revisit the Ruins of Gianthold in DDO's latest update.