Sci-Fi RTS Shallow Space: Insurgency Indiegogo Campaign Starting April 4th
Indie micro studio Special Circumstance Games, today announced that its debut release, epic 3D space adventure real-time strategy game Shallow Space: Insurgency, recently moved into alpha and is ready to initiate it’s Indiegogo campaign for the title. The 32 day Indiegogo campaign begins on April 4th, with the team looking to raise a minimum of $85,000 to help make Shallow Space: Insurgency a reality.
In light of this milestone, Special Circumstance Games have hired Vincent van Diemen the Producer behind Nexus: The Jupiter Incident as a Producer for Shallow Space: Insurgency. Following successful funding, the team are on schedule to launch in Autumn 2015 on PC, Mac and Linux via Steam Early Access.
“We couldn’t be happier to welcome Vincent into the Special Circumstance fold”, said James Martin, Founder of Special Circumstance Games, “with his experience of producing Nexus: The Jupiter Incident, his experience will allow us to take Shallow Space: Insurgency to the next level!”.
“For all you Nexus fans out there, it’s time to put your money where your mouth is”, said Vincent van Diemen, Producer at Special Circumstance Games. “I’ve been blown away by the incredible experience that the Special Circumstance Games team have built and believe it is the closest thing you’ll get to Nexus 2 for a long time to come.”
Starting April 4th, Special Circumstance Games will turn to crowdfunding and launch an Indiegogo campaign to finance the project. Supporters of the project can get involved by pledging as little as $1. Multiple perks are available for backers, including a 3D printed ship model, or even the opportunity to help with the design of an in-game ship model. The Indiegogo campaign will allow Special Circumstance Games to take their impressive tech demo to a much more fully-featured game. For a taste of what Shallow Space: Insurgency is about, the demo is available to download now.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Ærena: Clash of Champions Steam Review
- It’s hard to recommend with its turn based tactical gameplay that will shy away veterans of the genre.
- Old School RuneScape goes Hardcore as part of Summer Special
- Players can now register their interest in the contest, which runs 24th - 26th July and has a total cash prize pot of $10,000.
- ArcheAge Setting Sail: Second Beta Test Dates Announced
- The ArcheAge team has confirmed the dates for its second closed beta test of ArcheAge in a new community update.