Rumors abound: Nexon to buy EA?
According to a recent report by Bloomberg, Nexon may be interested in buying EA (Electronic Arts).
The rumor initially came from a South Korean newspaper, which stated that Nexon had discussed the idea of acquisition with EA. Neither company has offered comment on the speculation; however analysts have some doubts as there is a small gap between the company’s market capitalization. Nonetheless, EA’s stock has risen with the rumors.
Nexon and EA both publish free-to-play games, and EA also publishes subscription MMOs through Bioware-Mythic (including Star Wars: The Old Republic and Warhammer Online).
Articles You May Enjoy
- Cybernetic Ball Game Epigenesis Launches August 1
- Epigenesis will officially launch Friday, August 1 on Steam, and has also announced a tournament sponsored by Cooler Master.
- Everquest II Rumpocolypse Press Preview
- This afternoon, I had the distinct pleasure of sitting in on a roundtable with Holly, Executive Producer of Everquest 1 and 2.
- Helping Hand: Final Fantasy XIV: Sigmascape.
- This one's going to be brief, and this time I mean it. Maintenance is still happening for Final Fantasy XIV, but these fights are crazy.