Ronda Rousey Named Taichi Panda Spokesperson
Snail Games, developer of hit mobile hack ‘n slash dungeon crawler Taichi Panda, excitedly announced today the game’s new official spokesperson: UFC® women’s bantamweight champion, Ronda Rousey.
Rousey, who on August 1st will take on Bethe Correia for UFC 190 in Rio de Janeiro, has become a well-recognized figure among action and martial arts fans, from her undefeated winning streak to her budding Hollywood acting career. Talking about her fighting background, Rousey called the new partnership “a really exciting step for me and for martial arts.”
“I got my start in Judo, and since I was little it’s really been a lifelong love affair with martial arts. It’s taken me amazing new places, and I’m really excited to now be working with a game that shares that passion,” Rousey said.
“In Taichi Panda, you have to beat down opponents using kung fu and magic. The game is about building up your warrior, taking on other players in matches, learning their weaknesses and playing up your strengths to win. In a lot of ways it’s similar to my own experience with MMA. You’ve got to strive to be the best, work hard to find that inner fighter and let it loose.”
Launched earlier this year, Taichi Panda is an action RPG for mobile with strong influences from martial arts. “We’re very excited to be working with Ms. Rousey” said Snail President Shi Hai. “We look to partner with individuals who share our appreciation of martial arts, old and new. For this, we feel she is a good fit.”
The extent of the partnership is still to be seen, but Snail has confirmed that Ms. Rousey will appear in a promotional campaign including TV advertising later this year.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Conquer Online: New details of Bruce Lee and Lee-Long
- Introducing Lee-Long, the new playable class to pay tribute to the greatest martial artist and the legendary Kung-Fu superstar of all time, Br...
- EuroGameZ Publishing European Freestyle2 and FreestyleFootball
- German-based MMOG publisher, EuroGameZ GmbH would like to announce that they have signed contract with JOYCITY for official European service o...
- Armored Warfare Early Access Test 3 Extended and New Maps Introduced
- The extension comes with a new patch full of fixes, updates and vehicles rebalances, and two brand new maps – Pipelines and Narrows.