Rocket League Releases New Items And A Free Map
Psyonix, independent developer and publisher of the critically-acclaimed sports-action game, Rocket League, has released today its first paid downloadable content pack. Dubbed “Supersonic Fury,” the new DLC introduces two new exclusive vehicles, “Dominus” the muscle car and “Takumi” the Japanese street racer, plus several new Decals, Paint Types, Rocket Boosts, Wheels, PlayStation® Trophies, and Steam Achievements.
Psyonix has also released a free game update that includes the highly-anticipated “Spectate” mode, allowing players to join live Private games to watch other people play. The new “Utopia Coliseum” gameplay arena, 70-plus Country Flags, numerous other customization items, and the new single “Firework” from critically-acclaimed electronica group Hollywood Principle, is also in the update.
- The “Supersonic Fury” DLC Pack includes:
- Dominus (classic American muscle car)
- Takumi (’90s-era Japanese street racer)
- 6 New Decals for both new Battle-Cars
- 5 New Paint Types
- Brushed Metal
- Carbon Fiber
- Metallic Pearl
- 2 New Rocket Boosts
- New Wheels
- Cristiano (Soccer-themed rims)
- Spinner (Working spinner wheels)
- The simultaneously-released Free Update includes:
- Utopia Coliseum – New regulation-type arena, thematically inspired by Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars‘ Utopia map
- “Spectate” Mode – Watch other players in real-time from any angle in 1v1, 2v2, and 3v3 Private matches — 4v4 coming later
- 3v3 Ranked Mode – By popular demand!
- 70+ New Country Flags – Puerto Rico, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, and more
- Special – “We’re Sorry the Servers Were Borked at Launch” customization items
- New Single – “Firework,” by Hollywood Principle
Articles You May Enjoy
- AdventureQuest 3D Enters Open Beta
- Artix Entertainment announced today that Open Beta testing has started for AdventureQuest 3D
- Devilian Announcement Press Preview
- Although it is heavily ARPG focused, it was clear from the demo that Devilian is more of an MMO with ARPG elements than the other way around.
- DCUO's Latest Feature is Weapon Mastery
- Sony Online Entertainment introduces Weapon Mastery and Amazon Fury Part I in DC Universe Online.