Rising Generals to be demo’d at E3
Today InnoGames released additional information on its upcoming strategy game Rising Generals. During E3 2014, the German publisher will demo cross-platform gameplay across iOS-, Android- and browser-based devices. The PvP-heavy MMO has been developed as a native cross-platform game with Adobe Air. To create Rising Generals, InnoGames was supported by game design legend Bruce Shelley, known for his work on Civilization and the Age of Empires series. He will also attend InnoGames’ E3 presence and talk about his involvement in the game. Shelley worked several months with the team during development and spent time at InnoGames’ Hamburg offices. On www.risinggenerals.com, players can pre-register for the upcoming beta, which is scheduled for summer 2014.
Development with Adobe Air allowed the team to build the game for iOS, Android and browsers simultaneously and focus on optimizing multiplayer for up to 40.000 players on one map. To boost performance and support the use of native hardware on all devices, other Adobe tools like action script and Stage 3D were used as well.
“We made sure that it is possible to zoom onto the game map seamlessly, enjoy a visually appealing management of your secret underground base and watch your troops crushing enemies in combat,” explains Christoph Schmidt, Producer of Rising Generals. “Also, we built one user interface that works on all devices – we started to optimize for mobile first and went on from there”, he adds. Key to the game’s performance on all devices was the flexibility to add native sources to the mix, even while developing on all platforms simultaneously: “The 3D graphics and effects, especially on mobile devices, would not have been possible without GPU utilization at all”, says Hans-Christian Kientopf, graphic programmer of the team.
For more info, visit https://en.risinggenerals.com/
Articles You May Enjoy
- MMORPGs and Pets
- Companionship is a vital part of any virtual world and there’s no better way to foster that sense of cooperation than with pets.
- Galaxy on Fire - Alliances to be Released on Android in October 2014
- The popular mobile sci-fi MMO Galaxy on Fire™ - Alliances by Deep Silver FISHLABS will soon be globally available on Google Play.
- S2 Games Annonces New MOBA Strife In Development
- S2 Games, developers of the free-to-play Multiplayer Online Battle Arena (MOBA) Heroes of Newerth, today introduced their brand-new title, Str...