Riot Games Reveals League Of Legends Championship Series
Riot Games has announced that it will launch its own professional gaming league, League of Legends Championship Series, in 2013.
The Champion Series will include top professional gaming teams from North America, Europe, and Asia, offering salaries and prizes to professional players to give them a solid career choice. It will feature a regular gaming season with multiple matches per week, regional playoffs, and a final World Championship. All events will be broadcast online in HD streaming.
The top three teams from Europe and North America that are competing in the upcoming Regional competitions will pre-qualify for the league, so the tension is already high for the upcoming series.
League of Legends Championship Series
Riot Games Shares Its Vision for the Future of eSports, Reveals
Initial Details of League of Legends Championship Series
New Pro League is an Unprecedented Advancement in eSports, Featuring the World’s Top League of Legends Players, Salaried Pro Teams, and 100% Free, HD Broadcasts
LOS ANGELES – Aug. 1, 2012 – Riot Games, the company behind the most-played PC game in the world, League of Legends, today shared its vision for the future of eSports. Beginning in early 2013, the best players on the planet will compete in the League of Legends Championship Series – a new professional gaming league with teams from North America, Europe and Asia, multiple regular season matches each week, and HD streaming broadcasts available globally for free.
“Talking to players around the world, they repeatedly asked if we could kick League of Legends eSports into higher gear,” said Brandon Beck, co-founder and CEO of Riot Games. “The new League of Legends Championship Series is our answer. Millions of fans tune in every time we support a major League of Legends tournament, so we’re broadening that support in an unprecedented way.”
League of Legends Championship Series key facts:
· Global Operations: The top eight teams from both North America and Europe, plus top teams from Asia, will compete for regional and global dominance.
· Millions of Dollars on the Line: Salaries, prize pools and other compensation for Championship Series teams will ensure League of Legends is a sustainable career choice for professional players.
· Regular Season and Playoffs: eSports fans will get to see teams battling in the traditional format of organized sports – a regular season with several matches per week, culminating in regional playoffs and a World Championship, which will crown the world’s best League of Legends team.
· Free, HD broadcast events: League of Legends fans will watch Championship Series matches live online with HD broadcast streaming that is always 100% free.
The upcoming Season Two North American and European Regional competitions have momentous consequences for next season’s Championship Series: the top three teams from each region will pre-qualify for the league. The Regionals are:
· European Season Two Regionals @ Gamescom in Cologne, Germany – Aug. 16 through Aug. 19
· North American Season Two Regionals @ PAX Prime in Seattle, Washing – Aug. 30 through Sep. 2
While the Championship Series will represent the absolute highest level of competitive play in League of Legends Season 3, the competition will also be fierce in the Challenger Circuit, which consists of events hosted by Intel Extreme Masters, Major League Gaming, and the IGN Pro League. “IEM, MLG and IPL are invaluable partners, and we’ll continue to work closely with each of them in Season 3 as they foster the next generation of League of Legends competitors,” said Dustin Beck, vice president of eSports at Riot Games.
Articles You May Enjoy
- GunScape: Heading to Xbox One
- Independent games developer and publisher ‘Blowfish Studios’ is proud to announce that Gunscape has been approved by Microsoft for ID@Xbox...
- Dungeon Punks Nears Greenlight Success
- Hyper Awesome Entertainment's new brawler MMORPG, Dungeon Punks, nears its goal of being greenlit on Steam!
- Showmatch! hits Kickstarter
- Showmatch! (www.showmatch.eu) an already popular portal completely dedicated to the Competitive Gaming world and used by top Esport players an...