Project W Announced by Kakao Games and Bluehole
Kakao Games Corp has obtained the publishing rights for Project W (working title), an upcoming MMORPG from Bluehole, in North America and Europe. Project W is Bluehole’s latest title following the award-winning Tera, and aims to bring back the fundamental joys of playing an MMO. Veteran developers assigned to it include Project Director Hyung-Jun Kim, former Chief Art Director at NCSOFT.
The addition of Project W to Kakao Games’ large-scale MMO lineup marks the next step in the publisher’s efforts to service high quality titles for a global audience. To this end, Kakao Games will be investing in Bluehole Corp in addition to publishing Project W.
“I am thrilled to be working with Bluehole, one of the best blockbuster PC online game developers in the industry,” said Kye-Hyun Cho, Kakao Games CEO. “I see this event not only as a major cornerstone in our global expansion, but as an opportunity for both parties to grow.”
Gang-Seok Kim, Bluehole CEO, said, “What has deeply resonated with me was the strong will of Kakao Games to take the lead in the global market by discovering and securing competent titles.” Gang-Seok Kim also added that he would “pour out every resource there is to make a product that surpasses anyone’s expectations for an MMORPG.”
More information about Project W will be revealed at a later date.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Guns n' Zombies: Zombie Shooter Released on Steam Early Access
- Krealit announces the release of Guns´n´Zombies action game on Steam Early Access. In addition to captivating and dynamic battles with horde...
- Cabal 2 Closed Beta Initial Impressions
- The original Cabal held a special place in a lot of people’s hearts, it seems. So it’s little surprise so many people are anxious for #2.
- R2Games coming to GDC 2014
- This year’s Localization Summit at the Game Developers Conference (GDC) will include an inside view on localizing Chinese games for a global...