Project W Announced by Kakao Games and Bluehole
Kakao Games Corp has obtained the publishing rights for Project W (working title), an upcoming MMORPG from Bluehole, in North America and Europe. Project W is Bluehole’s latest title following the award-winning Tera, and aims to bring back the fundamental joys of playing an MMO. Veteran developers assigned to it include Project Director Hyung-Jun Kim, former Chief Art Director at NCSOFT.
The addition of Project W to Kakao Games’ large-scale MMO lineup marks the next step in the publisher’s efforts to service high quality titles for a global audience. To this end, Kakao Games will be investing in Bluehole Corp in addition to publishing Project W.
“I am thrilled to be working with Bluehole, one of the best blockbuster PC online game developers in the industry,” said Kye-Hyun Cho, Kakao Games CEO. “I see this event not only as a major cornerstone in our global expansion, but as an opportunity for both parties to grow.”
Gang-Seok Kim, Bluehole CEO, said, “What has deeply resonated with me was the strong will of Kakao Games to take the lead in the global market by discovering and securing competent titles.” Gang-Seok Kim also added that he would “pour out every resource there is to make a product that surpasses anyone’s expectations for an MMORPG.”
More information about Project W will be revealed at a later date.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Hearthstone Update 10.2 Is Live
- Good news for Hearthstone fans! Update 10.2 is here, the first major update of 2018.
- TERA Valkyrie Press Walkthrough
- The Honorbound Update is coming to TERA, and with it comes something powerful and new: Valkyrie!
- Aion: Upheaval Free Expansion is Now Live
- Aion: Upheaval, the latest Truly Free™ expansion in the game’s five-year history, has been released and is now live.