Project W Announced by Kakao Games and Bluehole
Kakao Games Corp has obtained the publishing rights for Project W (working title), an upcoming MMORPG from Bluehole, in North America and Europe. Project W is Bluehole’s latest title following the award-winning Tera, and aims to bring back the fundamental joys of playing an MMO. Veteran developers assigned to it include Project Director Hyung-Jun Kim, former Chief Art Director at NCSOFT.
The addition of Project W to Kakao Games’ large-scale MMO lineup marks the next step in the publisher’s efforts to service high quality titles for a global audience. To this end, Kakao Games will be investing in Bluehole Corp in addition to publishing Project W.
“I am thrilled to be working with Bluehole, one of the best blockbuster PC online game developers in the industry,” said Kye-Hyun Cho, Kakao Games CEO. “I see this event not only as a major cornerstone in our global expansion, but as an opportunity for both parties to grow.”
Gang-Seok Kim, Bluehole CEO, said, “What has deeply resonated with me was the strong will of Kakao Games to take the lead in the global market by discovering and securing competent titles.” Gang-Seok Kim also added that he would “pour out every resource there is to make a product that surpasses anyone’s expectations for an MMORPG.”
More information about Project W will be revealed at a later date.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Dragomon Hunter Adds 300v300 Battleground
- Dragomon Hunter now features two exciting new locations to host unforgettable PvP battles.
- Suit Up for New Mecha Combat Content in Master of Eternity
- Nexon is adding a riveting new chapter to the M.O.E. storyline of a galactic war, and also offers fresh new items and features.
- Wild Buster: Heroes of Titan gears up for Early Access with a Beta Weekend
- Insel Games is getting set for Early Access to their Sci-Fi MMO Wild Buster: Heroes of Titan to play this weekend!