PointMMO Platform Announced
A new digital distribution platform solely for MMOs, PointMMO, was announced today.
The platform helps publishers of MMOs both self-publish and distribute their titles to a dedicated community of MMO gamers. Gamers in turn can connect to new MMO titles easier, including improving download times, exclusive promotions, and social features.
PointMMO will go into beta testing in the next few weeks, and can be found at pointmmo.com.
PointMMO, First Digital Distribution Platform Exclusively for MMO Games Announced
Focus on Free-to-Play Games Gives MMO Publishers a New Way to Distribute Their Titles
LOS ANGELES and SINGAPORE – August 30, 2012 – PointMMO, a new digital distribution platform focused on MMO games, was announced today. The platform provides publishers with the ability to self-publish and distribute their titles to a growing audience of dedicated MMO players. Unlike other platforms, PointMMO is completely focused on MMO games and the challenges MMO players have in finding new games, and getting into those games quickly. PointMMO will enter beta in the coming weeks and interested players are encouraged to sign-up at: www.pointmmo.com
“While there are other digital distribution platforms already operating, not one of them has a focus on MMO players,” said Kay Gruenwoldt, CEO of PointMMO. “Our system is designed to be the fastest and easiest way for MMO players to find, try, and play MMO games.”
The PointMMO team has been quietly building the platform and adding features to its roadmap to address the needs and wants of the MMO community. With beta coming in the next few weeks, the veil will be lifted soon and players will be able to start downloading and playing MMO games faster than ever.
“With our leading progressive download and streaming technologies, we get players into games without them even having to install the client, and in a fraction of the time a full download takes,” said Jens Bohnwagner, CTO of PointMMO. “For Free-to-Play publishers, the player benefits are clear and the innovative business model accommodates their needs much better than other digital distribution platforms.”
- · The fastest download of every MMO game featured on the platform
- · Registered members-only exclusives and promotions for new and classic MMO games
- · Free-to-play download games as well as top browser-based titles
- · Social features to let friends know when you are playing a new game
- · An experienced team of experts behind the scenes that is always working to improve the experience of finding, trying and playing great MMO games
Articles You May Enjoy
- Dungeon Fighter Online Releases Power Station Update
- Dungeon Fighter Online has released a new update today, introducing the Eton Industrial Area Act 3: Power Station.
- Altis Gates Open Beta Begins March 7
- Altis Gates is set to go Open Beta on March 7. The game looks and plays like IGG's other 2D turn based MMORPG - Myth War 2 Online.
- The World II: New bosses annouced
- With an already large support of over 10,000 gamers on Steam’s Greenlight service, The World 2 has introduced two more of their over 80 boss...