Player-Owned Ports Open in RuneScape
Jagex has launched a new update for RuneScape, adding high level content and player-owned ports.
Players can control and run their own port, commissioning voyages to unmapped parts of the world and building a center of nautical commerce. Improving one’s port can let players house more ships and attract better crew for their trips. Rewards for taking the time to build a port will include high level crafting recipes and eastern armor.
“Player-Owned Ports is something that our players have been looking forward to since it was announced at RuneFest last year,” said Mark Ogilvie, RuneScape Design Director. “It’s exciting for players on a couple of levels, not only are we allowing them to explore a whole new area of the map which comes with its own lore, monsters and races, but we’re also giving them another bit of the game which they can call their own. We’ve produced a large amount of low level content for our players recently, so we wanted to produce something for players who had higher levels and give them something that they could really get their teeth into.”
To celebrate the new update, the team created a silly video which you can watch below.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Dragon Nest (EU): New pirate mini-game and features available
- The action MMORPG Dragon Nest Europe shows its playful side with a new pirate mini-game in which players sail across all of Althea to find a p...
- GunZ 2: The Second Duel - Now Officially Launched
- Today, MAIET Entertainment has announced that they've pulled GunZ 2 out of Steam's Early Access program and has officially launched ...
- Worlds of Magic: Now Using Unity 5 Engine
- GDC this year is bursting with great news for independent developers especially. One of the most exciting is probably Unity Technologies annou...