Phantasy Star Online 2 Coming West
SEGA has announced that it will be bringing Phantasy Star Online 2 to North America and Europe in 2013.
Phantasy Star Online 2 continues the tradition of the original Phantasy Star series, in a free-to-play MMO format. The game will feature real-time third-person action with combos and counters, and a class-based leveling system with melee, ranged, and magic weapons. The game will also feature randomized maps and mid-quest encounters to make gameplay more dynamic and challenging.
Check out the game’s first Western trailer below.
Phantasy Star Online 2: Western Announcement Trailer
SEGA ANNOUNCES THE WESTERN RELEASE OF PHANTASY STAR ONLINE 2
SEGA’s Epic Free-to-Play Multiplayer Action RPG Coming to North America and Europe in 2013
SAN FRANCISCO & LONDON – July 9th, 2012 – SEGA® of America, Inc. and SEGA® Europe Ltd today announced that free-to-play multiplayer action RPG Phantasy Star Online 2 will be coming to North America and Europe in 2013. For a first look at this new entry in the legendary Phantasy Star series, check out the official Phantasy Star Online 2 teaser site at www.pso2.com.
“Phantasy Star Online was a revolutionary game when it was released, and we want to make sure that its successor in the series is every bit as ambitious,” said Chris Olson, Vice President of Digital Business at SEGA of America. “We look forward to introducing Phantasy Star Online 2’s unique, easy-to-access multiplayer action to the rest of the world next year!”
“The number one thing we want to provide players in Phantasy Star Online 2 is an adventure that changes every time they log in. Just as great table-top RPG experiences revolve around imaginative and unexpected encounters, we want players to consistently be surprised as they explore dungeons and undertake quests,” added Satoshi Sakai, Phantasy Star Online 2 Producer at SEGA of Japan.
Over ten years have passed since the release of the boundary-breaking Dreamcast hit, Phantasy Star Online, and SEGA is poised to continue the Phantasy Star series’ multiplayer legacy on PCs worldwide with Phantasy Star Online 2. In the Year 238, the New Era of Light, players will join a new band of Arks in the fight against mysterious D-Arkers, embarking on another epic adventure of infinite possibilities!
Phantasy Star Online 2’s features include:
· Deep sci-fi fantasy universe filled with lush landscapes, extraordinary creatures, and epic adventures
· Revolutionary real-time combat and third-person action with devastating combos and counters to master
· Flexible, class-based leveling system that lets players define their own play-style with distinctive melee, ranged, and magic weapon types
· Randomized maps and unexpected mid-quest encounters that ensure each quest is different for each player
· Deep character creation system with a nearly limitless number of potential appearances
· Three degrees of humanity to experience across three unique races: the versatile Humans, spiritually-powered Newmen, and artificial CAST
For more information about Phantasy Star Online 2, visit the official site at [www.pso2.com].
Articles You May Enjoy
- Siege Online: "The New Edge" Expansion arrives
- The expansion changes a lot the gameplay in Siege Online making it easier and more accessible to mid-casual players. It improves the level des...
- Guild Wars 2 Headstart
- The entire internet seems to be holding its breath right now as it waits for the start of the Guild Wars 2 Headstart to begin. For those who p...
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Review
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare makes a triumphant return to their hayday blending rose-tinted nostalgia with contemporary improvements.