Perfect World International launching Genesis on March 2
Perfect World International’s fourth expansion, Genesis, will be launched on March 2.
The expansion adds a new race, the Earthguard, as well as two new classes, the Seeker and Mystic. These classes will come with over 24 new skills. New cities, guild bases, the new Runecrafting skill, and a massive expansion on Territory Wars will also be added.
Perfect World also publishes Jade Dynasty, Battle of the Immortals, Ether Saga Online, and Forsaken World.
Perfect World International Gameplay Screenshot
PERFECT WORLD INTERNATIONAL: GENESIS TO BE UNLEASHED ON MARCH 2
FOSTER CITY, Calif. — February 1, 2011 — Perfect World Entertainment Inc., a wholly owned US subsidiary of Perfect World Co., Ltd. (NASDAQ: PWRD), today announced that Perfect World International: Genesis, the fourth expansion for its flagship massively multiplayer online role-playing game, will be released on March 2, 2011. Since launching on September 2, 2008, Perfect World International has seen remarkable growth with three previous expansions, “Rising Tide,” “Age of Spirits” and “The Lost Empire.”
“Along with previous expansions, Perfect World International: Genesis highlights our commitment to bring new and unique online gaming experiences to our players,” said Jonathan Belliss, Director of Marketing for Perfect World Entertainment, Inc. “The sheer amount of manpower and resources that have gone into this project are paramount, making this our most ambitious expansion to date.”
In Perfect World International: Genesis, players will witness the fulfillment of the ancient Pan Gu prophecy that foretold the destruction of Perfect World. In the midst of chaos and turmoil, an ancient race that has seen the coming of this post-apocalyptic world will emerge to fight alongside the existing population through the coming disaster.
Players can look forward to experiencing Perfect World International with a plethora of new content and robust features including:
- Earthguard Race – An ancient, subterranean race with the special ability to foresee the future, featuring two new classes – the Seeker and the Mystic
- Seeker class – Possesses incredible strength and infuses magic stones into a massive two-handed claymore to deliver a great deal of damage
- Mystic class – Casts nature-based auras, carries abilities to heal themselves as well as squad members, and can summon elemental guardians to fight by their side
- New Skills –Seeker and Mystic class will be fully equipped with over 24 new skills including striking sword combat, potent magical attacks and healing abilities
- New Cities – New areas to explore including the lush forest cities of the Earthguard Race
- New Guild Bases – Factions will be able to build their bases with special shops where players can create rare items such as gear and potions
- New Territory War Resource – Factions will have to battle it out in a 40 vs. 40 faction war to determine control of a new scarce resource needed for building guild shops
- More Territory War – Four new expansive lands to add to the already existing Territory War map
- New Manufacturing Skill – Craft new items with Runecrafting for powerful stones that produce various buffs and effects
- New Fashion – Plethora of new fashions and character customization items available for the new and existing races, some of which even grant unique dances
For more information on Perfect World International: Genesis, visit the official teaser website at http://pwi.perfectworld.com/expansion.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Wartune: Hall of Heroes - Now available for iOS/Android
- Today, Kabam will release its latest MMORPG, Wartune: Hall of Heroes, for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch devices in addition to Google Play mobil...
- Assault Wave launches on Android!
- Independent developer/publisher Battlefront.com Inc. and Finnish game developer Aniway are proudly introducing the launch of Assault Wave for ...
- ArcheAge: Livestream Series Annouced By XLGames; Starts Today
- XLGames has recently announced that they will be hosting a new Livestream series called Exploring ArcheAge.