Path of Exile: The Awakening Launches Today
Grinding Gear Games announced that Path of Exile: The Awakening will go live today at 12:00 p.m. PDT. The biggest and most far-reaching expansion of the game to date, Path of Exile: The Awakening takes the player on a dark journey as they descend into the depths of nightmare. Great secrets about the world of Wraeclast will be discovered and even greater battles will be fought.
“The Awakening will be a game-changer,” says MMORPG, while MMOHuts goes so far as to proclaim The Awakening to be “the most bat shit crazy expansion ever to shake up the island of exiles.” “Oh, yes,” adds MassivelyOP. “Act IV will be the hard act to follow.”
“That’s the thing they continue to do with Path of Exile, in particular The Awakening,” says GameSpot. “It’s ‘how many different ways can we make players happy?'”
Since the game’s release in October 2013, Path of Exile has exploded into more than just a community of 11.2 million players worldwide, it has become a massive RPG phenomenon… and it is about to get even bigger! Path of Exile: The Awakening is more than just Path of Exile’s fourth act – it improves and expands upon every aspect of the game. With a crazy new twist on the iconic Passive Skill Tree and numerous systems changes, this expansion has been internally dubbed Path of Exile Version 2.0.0. The Awakening completely changes the Path of Exile experience and includes new items, monsters, maps, skills, and many quality of life improvements suggested by the Path of Exile community.
Gamers can get an in-depth look at Path of Exile: The Awakening next week during the MLB All-Star break when World Champion San Francisco Giants outfielder Hunter Pence and Lexi Cozombolides play the game live on the Let’sGetLexi Twitch broadcast!
Path of Exile: The Awakening Features:
- Act IV Is Here! Act IV continues Path of Exile’s storyline. The time has finally come to venture into the center of corruption itself and drive a blade through its black heart.
- Explore Beyond Highgate: For the first time since launch, The Awakening introduces completely new areas, monsters and end-game maps to expand the world of Wraeclast.
- Defeat Legendary Bosses: Experience climactic boss encounters with characters from Wraeclast’s past such as Shavronne, Doedre, Malachai and many more.
- Powerful New Skill Gems: With new classes of skills such as elemental Golems that fight by your side, warcries and several new support gems, players are able to create new clever and intricate builds.
- Socketable Passive Tree: Collect and craft Jewels that can be socketed into the Passive Tree to drastically change the tree itself.
- Masses of New Gear: Find more than 110 new Unique Items and discover an entirely new set of equipment, the Maraketh Weapons.
- User Experience Improvements: Extensive user interface improvements, added more customization options and implemented many community-suggested changes.
Articles You May Enjoy
- World Of Tanks Launches Update 7.4
- Wargaming has launched its latest update, 7.4, for World of Tanks.
- Revolve8 Gets Ready For Pre-Launch in January
- SEGA announced today the pre-launch date and time for their real-time strategy game Revolve8.