Path of Exile Launches New Talisman Challenge Leagues
Grinding Gear Games today launched its latest Content Update for their online action RPG, Path of Exile. Content Update 2.1.0 introduces Rigwald, the Wolven King, to the land of Wraeclast, along with the start of Standard and Hardcore versions of the new Talisman Challenge Leagues. These leagues represent a fresh server for new and returning players to play in, where they are on equal footing with existing players while playing the new content.
The Talisman Challenge Leagues feature monsters possessed by ancient Ezomyte talismans, amulets infused with the power of the First Ones. The ancient magic of these relics fill creatures with power, making them a difficult challenge for Path of Exile players who chose to engage them. Slaying these creatures will yield their powerful talisman, if you can fend off other nearby creatures that will rush to claim the powerful amulets for themselves.
Stone Circles, a Wolven King, and a Host of New Game Features
Circles of floating stones, assembled by ancient Ezomyte Druids, are now part of the landscape of Wraeclast in the Talisman leagues. Players can sacrifice sets of five different Talismans from a similar tier to summon a powerful possessed monster. Defeating the summoned creature allows the player to claim the new, higher-tier Talisman.
Content Update 2.1.0 also introduces Rigwald, the Wolven King, a new end-game boss that poses a lethal threat to Path of Exile players. Possessed by the greatest of Talismans, the Wolven King provides the ultimate challenge but also yields a substantial prize to the players that can defeat him.
As with any Path of Exile update, 2.1.0 features a cornucopia of new unique items, support gems, and spells. Additionally, this update will increase the variety of skills available for bow users and dramatically increase options available to poison-based characters.
Further information about Talisman Challenge Leagues and all the new December 2015 game additions can be found on Path of Exile’s website at www.pathofexile.com/talisman
Articles You May Enjoy
- TERA's Latest Twitch Prime Loot is Now Available
- En Masse Entertainment revealed today that their next Twitch Prime promotion has hit for TERA.
- Weekly Hut Stream (February 28, 2014) Featuring Strife Giveaway and Mighty Quest for Epic Loot
- JamesBl0nde is now live on Twitch.TV playing Strife and Mighty Quest for Epic Loot! Watch the team gaming it up and get a preview of upcoming ...
- Warlocks vs Shadows Preview
- What do you get when you mix arena combat, RPG elements, magic, mayhem, and a dose of unique elements? No, not a jumbled mess of a game.