Path of Exile Prophecy Update Launches
Grinding Gear Games is officially launching the Prophecy content update for their online action RPG, Path of Exile at 1pm Pacific Time, June 3rd, 2016. Content update 2.3.0 includes both a Standard and Hardcore version of the Prophecy Challenge League, in addition to a wealth of new skills, items, and challenges.
“The Prophecy challenge league has more content than some of the full expansions we’ve released in the past,” said Chris Wilson, Managing Director for Grinding Gear Games. “We’re really excited to explore it alongside our players.”
Prophecy Content Update (2.3.0) Features:
- New Items: Unique Items and Divination Cards designed by Path of Exile supporters, three new types of Unique Strongboxes, and a new end-game map base type: the Plaza Map.
- Expanded Skills: Five new skills have been added including Spirit Offering, Ancestral Warchief, Fury, Frostbolt, and Vortex – a new area spell that explodes in a burst of cold around the caster, creating an icy vortex.
- Challenges and Rewards: The Prophecy leagues include a set of 40 new challenges. In addition to the generous rewards earned by fulfilling Prophecies, Players earn exclusive microtransactions as challenges are completed.
- The Endgame Labyrinth: The rumors are true – there is a fourth Labyrinth! High-level players must complete difficult map versions of the Trials of Ascendancy to gain access to the Endgame Labyrinth. Completing this version of the Labyrinth will grant players additional Ascendancy class points, allowing them access to more complex character builds.
- Technical Improvements: The game’s memory management system has been overhauled and its sound system replaced. There are also gameplay balance adjustments to some skills and items.
Find out more in our What’s New? Video!
Articles You May Enjoy
- Crytek: Coming to Gamescom 2014
- Crytek today announced that they will be among the attendees at Gamescom 2014, where they will invite players to battle it out in Arena of Fat...
- World of Speed: New details revealed on customization
- Slightly Mad Studios, the critically acclaimed developer known for their pedigree in racing video games, is debuting an all-new trailer and de...