Overwatch Competitive Play Now Live
Overwatch is getting new game mode: Competitive Play. It is available right now on PC, and will be arriving soon on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
Competitive Play is designed for those who truly want to put their skills to the test, and offers a more serious experience than Quick Play or Weekly Brawl! modes. To make sure everyone has a solid understanding of the game’s mechanics, maps, and heroes, Competitive Play will be locked until level 25.
Before starting the competitive career, every new player must first complete 10 placement matches in order to obtain their initial skill rating. This rating will be a number between 1 and 100, with higher values indicating a greater skill level. Skill ratings will be visible at the beginning of every match. As you compete, your rating will increase or decrease with each win or loss based on a number of factors, including your own performance and the skill of the other players in the match.
Competitive Play will consist of four seasons, each lasting two and a half months. During that time, players can increase their skill rating and battle their way up the ranks before the stats are reset at the end of the season. This is followed by a two-week offseason, after which a new season will commence, beginning with a new set of placement matches. The names of these seasons, along with their schedule, will mirror the seasons in the northern hemisphere—and the Summer 2016 season is already underway!
In addition to experiencing the thrill of victory, players can earn new rewards that are only available through Competitive Play. At the end of a season, anyone who has completed the 10 placement matches will receive a special spray and player icon, with a new set of designs being released every season. On top of that, the weapons locker is about to get a little shinier. As you win matches, you’ll earn Competitive Points. Based on your performance, you’ll also receive a number of points at the end of the season. These Competitive Points can be exchanged for cosmetic Golden Weapons for your heroes. At some point during each season, we’ll also activate a leaderboard system that will highlight the top 500 players on your platform.
Articles You May Enjoy
- League of Legends: Camille Champion Review
- Camille the Steel Shadow is one of the most stylish killers in Runeterra, but unfortunately looking good doesn’t equate to actually being go...
- Sword of Phantasia: New iOS CCG Available
- Outfit your character in any way you see fit during an epic fantasy adventure in Sword of Phantasia! PlayNext, Inc., a leading global publishe...
- Neverwinter: Elemental Evil Now Available on Xbox One
- Four free expansions* for Neverwinter – Elemental Evil, Fury of the Feywild, Shadowmantle and Curse of Icewind Dale - are now available.