Otherland Announces Closed Beta Weekend And Five Isle
Gamigo has announced Otherland’s first beta weekend will happen between August 31 and September 2.
A chosen few players will be e-mailed to have their first chance to beta test the game. The player limit will be small as this initial test will help Gamigo determine the system’s limits and prepare for larger beta testing.
Otherland has also revealed a new additional simulation, “Five Isle.” This area is based on the five Chinese elements, and is explained in the latest “Making Of” video.
Gamigo also publishes Black Prophecy and Jagged Alliance Online.
Ed. Note: As clarified in Otherland’s official forums, the first phase of this testing will be for EU players only. NA players will be able to access the closed beta at a later date.
Otherland: Making of Part 4 – Five Isle
The first beta weekend for Otherland begins on August 31, 2012!
Hamburg, August 29, 2012- The weekend of August 31-September 2, 2012 should be marked in red on the calendar for all fans of the action MMORPG, Otherland. On these days a chosen few players will get the first chance to test the beta version of the game.
Florian Hörpel, Product Manager for Otherland.: “A small, manageable group of accounts will be given access to the servers for the first closed-beta weekend. This is because we want to get a feel for the limits of the systems.”
In the meantime, the development of Otherland is coming along in leaps and bounds. A short while ago an additional simulation, called Five Isle, was presented which is based on the five Chinese elements (Making of Video #4: Download / Youtube). Tad Williams, bestselling author of the Otherland novels, makes his first appearance in the video and talks about his vision of Otherland and the enormous freedom offered by the game.
Participants of the first beta weekend for Otherland will be informed via e-mail.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Dungeon Blitz Online Review
- For a free to play game, Dungeon Blitz offers their players a lot of options to customize their characters. Beyond the ability to change your ...
- PlayNext: New Aeria Games Publisher to Focus On Mobile Games
- Aeria Games & Entertainment, Inc. is rebranding itself as PlayNext, Inc., a global publisher and developer of free-to-play mobile game...
- Combat Arms: Line of Sight Gets Second Closed Beta
- Combat Arms: Line of Sight, will receive a second Closed Beta at the end of May.