Ork Newsletter Heralds F2P Options for Warhammer 40K: Eternal Crusade
A newsletter recently sent out to fans of Warhammer 40,000: Eternal Crusade – written clearly for the Orks in the audience – hinted at free to play options and the remaining business model for the game.
In response to a question about the prices of “bits and bobs,” the newsletter answered:
Allow me to clarify – if you find yourself financially indisposed, you can still enjoy participating in the Orks faction. You’ll still have access to a wide arsenal of destruction, but you may find certain advanced character options restricted and you may be at the disposal of others when it comes to the greater strategic aspects of the conflict.
On the other hand, if you are willing to divulge merely the cost of a standard video game purchase, you will have access to the full gamut of Orkish, Imperial, Eldar and Chaos tactical options with no need to hand over more of your hard-earned personal funds to achieve victory.
However, should you be the kind of individual that appreciates ostentatious displays of wealth, there is a man more than happy to indulge your desires. The contents of his inventory are no better on the field than those you would earn through more traditional means, merely different. Your war will not be won by partaking of what is on offer here!
We’re pretty sure that means you’ll be able to play for free with some limitations, or purchase the game for full benefits and gameplay options. The response also hints at some microtransactions which will not affect gameplay (probably cosmetic items, although we are also not sure why Orks would want cosmetics). You can read the full newsletter here.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Secret World Drops Subscription, Still Buy To Play
- Funcom announced today that The Secret World is now subscription-optional, only requiring purchase of the original game client to play.
- Swordsman Online Reveals Zephyr, Five Venoms, and Shaolin Classes
- Today Perfect World Entertainment introduces three more of the ten primary classes for upcoming wuxia warriors to master in Swordsman Online. ...
- Mobile Boxing Game From 4:33, 'Boxing Star' Opens Global Pre-Registration
- Boxing Star is a new mobile title from Korean Developer and Publisher 4:33, and the pre-registration has begun on Android.