Open beta for Dynasty Warriors Online begins
Aeria Games’ Dynasty Warriors Online, based on the popular Dynasty Warriors brawler series, has begun its open beta stage of testing.
There will be no character wipe at the end of OBT, and the new game version will include ranks up through Counselor General, Rank four in all weapons, four map types, single player and co-op quests, and new gear (which can now be upgraded to +6). The Japanese voices for the game have also been added on demand.
Aeria Games also publishes several games including Last Chaos, Shaiya, and Legendary Champions.
Dynasty Warriors Online Gameplay Screenshot
SANTA CLARA, Calif. – Nov. 3, 2010 – Spear, check! Spiked club, check! Players need to get a start on battle preparations, because the open beta for Dynasty Warriors Online is here. Aeria Games welcomes North American and European players to test their mettle in Dynasty Warriors Online, and to battle their way toward winning up to $4,000 worth of prizes, starting today.
Aeria Games opens the gates of Dynasty Warriors Online for all gamers, following the success of its closed beta testing phase. The open beta allows players to reconnect with Dynasty Warriors’ classic hack and slash gameplay only a select group of players experienced during the closed beta period.
“Dynasty Warriors Online starting open beta means one thing – the battlefields of ancient China shall be soaked in blood,” said Brian DeSanti, associate producer for Aeria Games. “Players’ reactions were off the charts during the closed beta and they’re going to need more training time to get ready for what’s coming in the open beta period.”
Players flocked to Dynasty Warriors Online during the closed beta period and now gamers will enjoy the opportunity to build and level characters which will persist into the official launch. With the guarantee of their characters in place, players can also revel in several awe-inspiring features added for the open beta phase:
- Three entirely new weapons (Iron Sword, Tyrant Sword, Nine Tails), and two new ranks for every existing weapon
- Four new player ranks, new player guilds
- Two new mission maps, co-op quests
- Twice as much gear as before
- Original Japanese voices, by popular demand
Victorious contenders can battle to become one of the top 50 players to win one of thirteen momentous prizes. The grand prize winner will receive an Alienware M17x notebook computer, while the second and third prize winners will be awarded DWO Gaming Bundles and ten runner-ups will be given Xbox 360 Controllers. For official competition rules, visit the contest website.
Dynasty Warriors Online is an action-oriented tactical combat game, focusing on frenetic fighting and deadly showdowns against giant hordes on sprawling battlefields. Player-created characters interact with historical generals and warriors from China’s famous “Three Kingdoms” period. Choosing from a wide variety of weapons, players defend their allegiances to warring factions and battle online to determine who will conquer Ancient China.
To participate in the Dynasty Warriors Online open beta, players must have an Aeria Games account, free from http://www.aeriagames.com. To get a head start on open beta, players can download the game now at http://dynastywarriors.aeriagames.com/download.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Star Conflict Launches Age of Destroyers Update
- Beginning January 14th Star Conflict players can add destroyers to their offensive capabilities.
- World of Speed: Mazda RX-7 & Mercedes Benz Evo Revealed
- My.com has released brand new gameplay trailer for World of Speed. The short video features the Mazda RX-7 and Mercedes Benz 190E 2.5-16 Evolu...
- Conquer Online reveals new Pirate skills information
- Conquer Online will be launching its next expansion, Invasion of Pirates, on January 11, and has released new information about the Pirate...