One Special Day Charity Event Returns in October
Over 50 partners from across the games industry including SEGA, Codemasters, Jagex, and Zynga will be rolling up their sleeves and getting involved in the event, which promises to be the biggest yet. Many companies will be donating a day of their income from game sales whilst others will stage their own fundraising events.
All the funds raised will support the work of SpecialEffect, the games industry charity dedicated to leveling the playing field for disabled gamers. Since its inception in 2016, One Special Day has been supported by developers and gamers from all over the world and has raised over £900,000. The vital funds enable SpecialEffect to help disabled gamers both the UK and around the world through personalized help, developer support and initiatives such as EyeMine, software for controlling Minecraft with the eyes.
SpecialEffect CEO and Founder, Dr. Mick Donegan, said “We’re overjoyed with the response again this year and very grateful to our One Special Day partners. The day unites the worldwide games industry and their fantastic communities of gamers because they all understand what incredible work we’re doing here. SpecialEffect has a profoundly positive impact on the lives of disabled gamers and events like One Special Day play a huge role in enabling us to reach more in the coming year.”
Companies including Rocksteady, Space Ape, Miniclip, Seriously, Outfit7 and Rare have also signed up. Craig Duncan, Rare Studio Head, said: “Because of their unique work, SpecialEffect holds a special place in our heart, and indeed the whole of the video games industry, so we’re looking forward to making One Special Day 2019 the biggest so far.”
Rich Eddy, Director of Communications at Jagex, added “Our RuneScape community has celebrated SpecialEffect’s incredible work for many years, so there was no question that Jagex would be a proud supporter of this year’s event and play a big part in One Special Day. By putting the fun and inclusion back into the lives of those with physical disabilities to play video games, the work of SpecialEffect really levels the playing field”.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Final Fantasy XIV - Patch 5.08 Discussion
- Final Fantasy XIV's latest patch dropped this morning, with Patch 5.08. It's a major change for Ninja, Samurai and Summoner.
- Black Desert Online Celebrates Summer with Exclusive Rewards
- Black Desert Online's going big this summer! On top of existing Rewards, the Burning Attendance Reward/Guild Attendance Reward are added!
- Battlejack, the Fantasy Card Battle RPG, Debuts on Mobile Devices
- Nexon, in conjunction with Grand Cru, has officially launched Battlejack, a fantasy card-battle RPG on iOS and Android.