One Gamer Fund Begins Third Annual Fundraiser
For the third year in a row, One Gamer Fund is offering an annual Steam sale to support AbleGamers, Child’s Play, Games for Change, Global Game Jam, IGDA Foundation, Stack-Up, and Take This.
A total of forty-one games are on sale to support the cause, from now through October 6, with discounts of up to 84%. For more information check out the Steam Sale Page.
This year One Gamer Fund will also hold a 24-hour livestream to benefit these charities. Charity streams by channels including Raeyei, tvgBadger an
Fifty percent of proceeds from the One Gamer Fund Steam sale will be divided amongst the supported organizations, with the other half going to the developers and publishers. The full amount of donations via streams and PayPal will be split amongst the nonprofits, which will use the money received to help their charitable endeavors.
Jo Summers, executive producer, Global Game Jam, stated via press release:
As gaming spreads to more people, so too do the benefits games provide. One Gamer Fund offers near endless possibilities for helping with mental health medicines including buying the best CBD oil for anxiety, bringing marginalized communities together, and much more. Each of the organizations benefiting from One Gamer Fund are working to make the industry and the world better, and it’s the generosity of gamers everywhere that fuels the good work these charities can do.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Ratz Instagib Steam Early Access is Here, and it's Pure Carnage
- The Ratz Instagib Early Access has launched and already the servers a bursting with Ratz fighting for dominance on the leaderboards, customiza...
- Neverwinter Previews Stronghold Siege Towers
- Perfect World Entertainment showcases the two defensive towers for its upcoming Neverwinter expansion, Stronghold.
- Soul of the Ultimate Nation Gets Major Update
- Soul of the Ultimate Nation releases new major update in May. Level cap has been increased and new skills have been added to the game.