Novus Aeterno Introduces Volatility System
In addition to network improvements this week, Novus Aeterno introduced a new volatility system to deal with enemy knockback on unit death.
Now every piece of equipment will have an associated “volatility” number. When a unit is destroyed, its volatility will be calculated to impact its knockback distance, shockwave radius, and damage. Damage and knockback distance will also factor in distance from the exploding unit.
Some units may also have special volatility which can add special attributes that will linger after the explosion. These can include electrical volatility, which causes loss of control, discharge, and misfires; plasma volatility, which causes damage over time; acidic volatility, which permanently reduces armor over time; and nuclear volatility, which incapacitates.
Articles You May Enjoy
- OGPlanet Announces New MMO - Zone 4: Fight District
- Zone 4: Fight District was announced by OGPlanet on July 9, 2010. It is a new fighting MMO with anime inspired graphics.
- Black Desert Online Reveals Second Closed Beta Details
- In addition to opening name registration today, Black Desert Online revealed new details for its upcoming second closed beta.
- Friday MMOHuts Stream (10/10): Borderlands 2
- Watch the team gaming it up and get a preview of upcoming First Look videos with us every Friday at 11am PST!