Novus Aeterno Introduces Volatility System
In addition to network improvements this week, Novus Aeterno introduced a new volatility system to deal with enemy knockback on unit death.
Now every piece of equipment will have an associated “volatility” number. When a unit is destroyed, its volatility will be calculated to impact its knockback distance, shockwave radius, and damage. Damage and knockback distance will also factor in distance from the exploding unit.
Some units may also have special volatility which can add special attributes that will linger after the explosion. These can include electrical volatility, which causes loss of control, discharge, and misfires; plasma volatility, which causes damage over time; acidic volatility, which permanently reduces armor over time; and nuclear volatility, which incapacitates.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Allods Online previews 2.0.02 changes
- Allods Online is launching officially on April 26 with a major update, and they're previewing the major changes in the patch today.
- PAX Prime Day 3 Recap - Better Late than Never Edition
- I'm just now finally putting words on paper to describe my indie heavy final day visiting the Seattle Convention Center.
- Esotera: Little Piece Of Haven, Now on Kindle Unlimited
- Enter Esotera, if you dare, to discover the truth for yourself.