Novus Aeterno Introduces Volatility System
In addition to network improvements this week, Novus Aeterno introduced a new volatility system to deal with enemy knockback on unit death.
Now every piece of equipment will have an associated “volatility” number. When a unit is destroyed, its volatility will be calculated to impact its knockback distance, shockwave radius, and damage. Damage and knockback distance will also factor in distance from the exploding unit.
Some units may also have special volatility which can add special attributes that will linger after the explosion. These can include electrical volatility, which causes loss of control, discharge, and misfires; plasma volatility, which causes damage over time; acidic volatility, which permanently reduces armor over time; and nuclear volatility, which incapacitates.
Articles You May Enjoy
- My.com: Closed Beta Dates for upcoming games revealed
- Today at Gamescom My.com revealed the closed beta dates of its three upcoming AAA massively multiplayer online games (MMOGs) World of Speed, A...
- LEGO Minifigures Online: Space World Now Available
- Calling all Galaxy Patrols! The aliens are invading! Get ready for an intergalactic adventure in Space World, one of many colorful worlds in F...
- Deceit Game Review
- Simply known as “Deceit,” this is a multiplayer horror game that’s all about trust and deception rather than stealth and brute force.