Novus Aeterno Introduces Volatility System
In addition to network improvements this week, Novus Aeterno introduced a new volatility system to deal with enemy knockback on unit death.
Now every piece of equipment will have an associated “volatility” number. When a unit is destroyed, its volatility will be calculated to impact its knockback distance, shockwave radius, and damage. Damage and knockback distance will also factor in distance from the exploding unit.
Some units may also have special volatility which can add special attributes that will linger after the explosion. These can include electrical volatility, which causes loss of control, discharge, and misfires; plasma volatility, which causes damage over time; acidic volatility, which permanently reduces armor over time; and nuclear volatility, which incapacitates.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Galactic Civilizations III Beta 4: Battle Viewer Now Available
- Stardock released a major update to Galactic Civilizations III today, letting players witness the terrible might of their starfleets with the ...
- Neverwinter to Showcase at PAX East and Reveals Exclusive Mount
- Special surprises are in store for Neverwinter Founders and PAX East attendees.
- Echo of Soul: Wrath of the Goddess Episode 2.5 Now Live
- Aeria Games has released Echo of Soul's latest content update, Wrath of the Goddess Episode 2.5.