Novus Aeterno Introduces Volatility System
In addition to network improvements this week, Novus Aeterno introduced a new volatility system to deal with enemy knockback on unit death.
Now every piece of equipment will have an associated “volatility” number. When a unit is destroyed, its volatility will be calculated to impact its knockback distance, shockwave radius, and damage. Damage and knockback distance will also factor in distance from the exploding unit.
Some units may also have special volatility which can add special attributes that will linger after the explosion. These can include electrical volatility, which causes loss of control, discharge, and misfires; plasma volatility, which causes damage over time; acidic volatility, which permanently reduces armor over time; and nuclear volatility, which incapacitates.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Little Orbit Reveals Kung Fu Panda: Showdown of Legendary Legends
- Valley of Peace residents will face off in the ultimate martial arts challenge...
- City of Steam Announces Closed Beta Dates
- The developers at Mechanist Games have been striving to get City of Steam ready for Beta testing before the end of the year.
- Metro Conflict Shutting Down
- OG Planet announced last week that its MMOFPS, Metro Conflict, will be shut down. The servers will go offline on April 25, 2016.