Novus Aeterno Introduces Volatility System
In addition to network improvements this week, Novus Aeterno introduced a new volatility system to deal with enemy knockback on unit death.
Now every piece of equipment will have an associated “volatility” number. When a unit is destroyed, its volatility will be calculated to impact its knockback distance, shockwave radius, and damage. Damage and knockback distance will also factor in distance from the exploding unit.
Some units may also have special volatility which can add special attributes that will linger after the explosion. These can include electrical volatility, which causes loss of control, discharge, and misfires; plasma volatility, which causes damage over time; acidic volatility, which permanently reduces armor over time; and nuclear volatility, which incapacitates.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Star Trek Online Season 11.5 Now Available
- Today, Perfect World Entertainment Inc. and Cryptic Studios announced Star Trek Online: Season 11.5 is now available.
- Conquer Online: "2nd Ninja War" update coming August 12th
- On August 12, Conquer Online will witness the 2nd Ninja War break out in an incredible fashion, and introduce the new Epic Weapon to the commu...
- Fractured MMO Announces February Playtest
- After a short but successful test in December, Fractured is ready for another, larger stress test this February.