Nexon to Develop LEGO Mobile Game
NEXON Co., Ltd. (“Nexon”) (3659.TO), a worldwide leader in free-to-play online games, today announced that its wholly owned subsidiary, NEXON Korea Corporation (“Nexon Korea”), has entered into a licensing agreement with TT Games Ltd. (“TT Games”), an affiliate of Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, Inc, under which Nexon Korea will develop a role-playing game (RPG) for mobile devices based on several hit LEGO properties, including LEGO Ninjago and many others. This agreement was made with full involvement from The LEGO Group and is an extension of the licensing partnership between TT Games and The LEGO Group.
“LEGO is among the most wildly successful and iconic brands of our time, and we are thrilled to be teaming up with TT Games to bring LEGO-based online games to mobile gamers,” said Owen Mahoney, President and Chief Executive Officer of Nexon. “Players can look forward to the fun and unique game experiences that Nexon is known for, along with the LEGO characters they have come to love. This agreement is the most recent example of Nexon’s ongoing quest for creative, new ideas for great games, both through our own development and by partnering with other creators of world-class IP.”
“Nexon’s relentless commitment to quality and fun, their expansive global footprint and their strong track record of developing and sustaining successful franchises around the world make them an ideal partner to expand LEGO into online free-to-play mobile games for the first time,” said Tom Stone, Managing Director, TT Games. “This agreement leverages Nexon’s unparalleled expertise in online and free-to-play games and the power of the LEGO brand to deliver unique, high-quality game experiences to players around the world.”
The game is expected to be released in 2016 and will initially be available in Asia on both iOS and Android platforms.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Grand Chase: Monster Train Event Returns
- KOG Games, a leading developer and publisher of popular free-to-play action MMORPGs, today announces the launch of numerous new content events...
- Star Trek: Alien Domain Hosts Anniversary Video Contest
- Next month marks the first year anniversary of Star Trek: Alien Domain’s open launch.
- World of Tanks announces 8-bit showdown mode
- Wargaming today announced a brand new combat mode for World of Tanks—Winter Showdown. This new 8-Bit mode will offer exclusive in-game conte...